Did you mean: 

VP Color Override not applied to hatch

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2813 Views, 10 Replies

VP Color Override not applied to hatch

Recently upgraded from 2010 to 2015.  We noticed several issues immediately upon using 2015.  One of them deals with hatches and VP color overrides.  Several of our main files use VP color overrides for certain layers.  The 2010 viewports always appeared correctly on the screen as well as print outs and pdfs.  2015 is a different story.  The viewports will not apply the overrides correctly to hatches.  This happens on three different machines with different video cards.  One of them is certified and running the current certifield driver for Autocad.  I've even duplicated the error with a new file created in 2015 instead of using the older 2010 files.  All other objects seem to be fine with regards to the color override.  Hatches will not respond to the override correctly.  Regen and regenall have no impact on this.

Quick properties on the hatch shows the color override with the vp activated but it does not display correctly.  It shows the hatch in the original layer color.  Hatch color is by By Layer.  You can save the file and reopen it and the vp displays correctly.  However if you switch to another tab and apply a new override it does not apply it to the hatch.  Saving the file again and reopening will display the last tab correctly but the other tabs revert back to the original layer color.   

Anyone else notice this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

"...Saving the file again and reopening will display the last tab correctly but the other tabs revert back to the original layer color. "
Vidro cards are? OS is? Which hatch pattern? Seems fine here (see attachment).

It may be  the new 2015 display system is not playing nice with your cards: try turing off LINESMOOTHING then change hardware acceleration settings and see if that helps too.

2015 is not 2010: it's an all new display system that will likely not go away in the future.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

OS is W7 Pro 64 bit

AMD Firepro V4900

All hatch patterns

I've attached the dwg file I created for trying to figure this out along with a few screenshots similar to the one you provided.  The first screenshot shows the viewport and layer override.  You can see the solid hatch is not responding.  The second screenshot shows the quick properties for the solid hatch.  The quick properties shows the color override.  The file prints correctly but does not display correctly.  I can save this file and reopen and the hatch will display correctly in the layout tab that I had open when saved and closed.  The other tabs do not.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Here's another showing the Graphics Perfomance settings.  I have also tried turning Hardware Acceleration off with no change.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Linesmoothing is set to OFF.

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Sorry, your file works fine here on my non-certified driver vid card with hardware acceleration on (and off).

Message 7 of 11
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently upgraded from 2010 to 2015.  We noticed several issues immediately upon using 2015.  One of them deals with hatches and VP color overrides.  Several of our main files use VP color overrides for certain layers.  The 2010 viewports always appeared correctly on the screen as well as print outs and pdfs.  2015 is a different story.  The viewports will not apply the overrides correctly to hatches.  This happens on three different machines with different video cards.  One of them is certified and running the current certifield driver for Autocad.  I've even duplicated the error with a new file created in 2015 instead of using the older 2010 files.  All other objects seem to be fine with regards to the color override.  Hatches will not respond to the override correctly.  Regen and regenall have no impact on this.

Quick properties on the hatch shows the color override with the vp activated but it does not display correctly.  It shows the hatch in the original layer color.  Hatch color is by By Layer.  You can save the file and reopen it and the vp displays correctly.  However if you switch to another tab and apply a new override it does not apply it to the hatch.  Saving the file again and reopening will display the last tab correctly but the other tabs revert back to the original layer color.   

Anyone else notice this?

By noting that it previously also worked on Prints and PDFs, that implies (IMHO) that it's having this difficulty on Plot/PDF creation as well as on screen.

If that's the case, then I don't see how it would be a DISPLAY driver issue.

EDIT:  I just noticed you said it works fine when you print (message 3 in this thread).  Sorry.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 11
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Are you by any chance using Map 3d?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

Thanks for all the help.  We are not using Map 3D just straight 2015.  I switched out video cards to an older Quadro FX 570 and still had the same issue.  I then found an old post that was discussing caching of viewports.  I went into Options and under System changed the "Layout Regen Options" to "Regen when switching layouts".  It was previously set on "Cache model tab and all layouts".  I was doubtful as a regen or regenall never corrected the display by itself.  Bingo!  The switch worked for some reason.  I'm hoping the issue has been resolved but only time will tell.  This switch also positively impacted the Draw Order and the issues we were having in 2015.  Namely, after using Draw Order to move things around, they would not display correctly even after two or more regen/regenall commands.  Draw order appears to behave better with the new setting.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
scott

Thank you. This fixed my issues as well. Hatching now correct!
Message 11 of 11
scott

Thank you.  Your solution here solved the issue for me also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost