Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEWRES question layout to model

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
sthompson1021
4642 Views, 23 Replies

VIEWRES question layout to model

Here's the setup. VIEWRES set at 5000 in MS and set at 100 in layout. When I switch from model to layout and back to model, the VIEWRES changes back to 100 in MS. This doesn't happen on a co-workers machine that has 2012LT. Another co-worker has 2014LT and it does it. I have 2014 and it does it. Did the behavior change or is there a system variable that I need to change?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
rkmcswain
in reply to: sthompson1021

Using the drawing supplied by @sthompson1021, I can confirm that in R2013, the MS viewres value does not change when switching to Layout1 and then back to MS.

In R2015, it does change. 

In R2016, it does not change.

@sthompson1021 -- I was going to suggest submitting a support request to Autodesk. They don't get bug reports from the forums and if they don't know about it, they can't fix it. But since it does not appear to be a problem in 2016, I have to presume the bug was fixed. They are not going to go back and issue a hotfix for R2014 however.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 22 of 24
sthompson1021
in reply to: rkmcswain

I haven't been using 2016 since my old video card doesn't play nice with it but I just opened it up and I still see the viewres changing to whatever the value is set to in the layout. I kind of assumed that when I provided the sample .dwg for @Steve_Bessette it would be looked at. It isn't that big a problem for me, but our csr's in the office use DWG trueview so they can't do a regen without jumping through hoops.

Message 23 of 24
rkmcswain
in reply to: sthompson1021

sthompson1021 wrote:

I haven't been using 2016 since my old video card doesn't play nice with it but I just opened it up and I still see the viewres changing to whatever the value is set to in the layout.

I kind of assumed that when I provided the sample .dwg for @Steve_Bessette it would be looked at.

1. I just tried it again using your drawing in R2016 (Vanilla AutoCAD), and the MS setting of 5000 does not change when switching from MS to PS and back to MS

2. Unless you have a case number, then AFAIK, it's not in the system. Maybe @Steve_Bessette can confirm how it works when an employee gets involved in a forum thread.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 24 of 24
sthompson1021
in reply to: rkmcswain

That is strange because I just tried it again and it does change the value for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost