Viewports moving themselves

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jd_doggett90
655 Views, 14 Replies

Viewports moving themselves

Hello AutoDesk Community,

I'm not exactly sure if this is an AutoCad problem or if it my computer but I have noticed this problem the last two weeks. The problem is this... When I click on a layout tab to either A) just look at what I have on the page or B) to actually do work on the page, quite often the tab I selected will be shot to the back of my tabs. So if I was trying to look at for example, FA-2 and I clicked on the tab to view it, it would be sent to the back behind, for example FA-12. As I said, I am not sure where this came from because it has never happened before but it is quite annoying to move the sheets back to the right order 15-20 times a day. If anyone knows what could be going on, please enlighten me. Thanks so much!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jd_doggett90
in reply to: jd_doggett90

Also, I am using AutoCad 2015

Message 3 of 15
jggerth1

This seems to be a glitch in 2015.  From other reports, if the mouse moves a miniscule amout while selecting the layout tab(<1mm), what you describe happens.

Irritating....

Message 4 of 15
jd_doggett90
in reply to: jggerth1

Well then, that is quite irritating. I have a Logitech G602 gaming mouse that I use for work because I like the 8 extra buttons I can set commands to but it is very sensitive and I'm sure that it doesn't help. I am just confused because the other drafter that sits right behind me has 2015 also and has the same exact mouse but has not had this happen yet.

Message 5 of 15
DaveFuller

Your coworker must have a steadier hand.....
Message 6 of 15
PatrickHughes
in reply to: DaveFuller

Or a different sensitivity setting. (click speed)

Also, do you by chance use Owen Wengerd's QuickPic/ (I think that's the name)

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com
Message 7 of 15
nrz13

We've all experienced this bug in our office too.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 8 of 15
nrz13
in reply to: nrz13

After having this happen to me a few more times, I've narrowed down what causes the bug to occur.  If, when you're clicking on a tab, you don't release the mouse button right-away it understands it as a drag, but instead of giving you the black triangles to indicate the position you want to move it to, it just drops the tab off at the end of the set.  I've noticed that there's usually a second or two delay from the time the tab is "dragged" to when it resorts it.

It most often occurs with miniscule, unintentional movements, but I can also see the bug happen when making very large drags on the yet-to-be-selected-tab.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 9 of 15
llorden4

I too have been enduring this increadibly painful issue, but in my research into this I've found other issues on the new tab behaviours.  I hate to use the word "hate", but I absolutely "HATE" how the new tab system is working and behaving.  Maybe some of the new features have been there a while and I'm only noticing them because I'm looking into this behavior, but here's what I've discovered from repeated use within my department....

Like the others have stated, holding onto the mouse click is way too sensative and is moving the tabs to the end of all other tabs, messing up the layout order.  This is very difficult to notice when there are more tabs than space to display them all.

I have noticed that holding down the SHIFT or ALT keys while mouse clicking will also either move or duplicate layout tabs without any type of confirmation from the user, a confirm key is badly needed here.

Where the Left/Right tab scroll buttons used to be located on the right side of the tab displays, is now an Add Tab button and the scroll option is now a pop-up window with a scroll bar to the right.  Again, these are new features I absolutely "HATE" because users are adding layouts to the drawing set by accident when they are only attempting to scroll tabs left or right as before and when the tab line is already full, the users are not noticing that they have been added.  At the very least, a confirmation to add the new tab is needed to alert the user this is the command they are envoking.  I'd prefer the left/right tab functionality as before and a right click on any tab to add/remove/copy a tab worked just fine.  All these ease of use features you've added is only making it easier to mess up a drawing unknowingly.

I know the typical reaction is "It's new, get used to it", but all I'm seeing from these new features is increases in drafter errors.

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Message 10 of 15
nrz13
in reply to: llorden4

This won't address all of your concerns, but a hotfix for the tab rearranging bug will be posted soon.  I've been running the hotfix all today without any issues and I can no longer replicate the bug.  The hotfix requires SP2 be installed, which shouldn't be an issue for anyone since SP2 is what introduced the bug in the first place.

Message 11 of 15
llorden4

Glad to see a fix in the works, looking very much forward for this hotfix!

Message 12 of 15
kbryanpe

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!how do I aquire the hot fix...my tabs are moving all over the place; I open a project with 15 tabs and they are re arranged.

Message 13 of 15
llorden4
in reply to: kbryanpe

It's not out yet, sadly. I am finding that it helps to click on the screen area immediately after clicking on a Tab. If you've just clicked a Tab and press keys like Shift or Ctrl, then Cad thinks you're trying to edit the tab location and moves it. Clicking to the screen seems to help (a little) on taking the software's attention off the Tab and back onto the drawing.

Message 14 of 15
nrz13
in reply to: llorden4

Link to the hotfix for this bug is here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Message 15 of 15
jd_doggett90

Downloaded the hotfix, will update in a few days if it stays fixed. Thanks for the link to it! Greatly appreciated to nix this annoyance in the butt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost