VIEWBASE views bog down my drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
721 Views, 5 Replies

VIEWBASE views bog down my drawing

Hello.

After creating views from model space using the VIEWBASE command, AutoCAD runs really slow. By slow I mean taking several seconds to REGEN, erratic/laggy cursor movement, slow response time in general. The drawing size is fairly small (282 KB).

I am currently running AutoCAD 2015 on the following machine setup;

Processor:          Intel Core i5-2300 CPU @2.80GHz 

RAM:                 8.00 GB

Graphics:            NVIDIA GeForce 210

System Type:     64-bit Operating System

Can someone please advise. Is this a lack of processing power, RAM, or some other issue?

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

as I think that is very drawing dependent and you have not gave us a sample I created one and attached it here ... with that drawing I can't see any issues with performance during _REGEN. Do you have troubles with my DWG?

BTW: looking >>>here<<< for GeForce 210 shows me that this is not "the" gc for CAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you for your reply.

Your drawing does not do it, and my original one seems to have gotten better as well. I'm not sure what's up with that.

So I wblocked out the original model in to a new drawing and it seemed to stutter/lag a little bit. I've attached it for reference.

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I opened your drawing, the layout can be regenerated within unmeasurable short time, pan and zoom work without any delay.

Can you try to toggle the hardware acceleration setting and see if ON of OFF is the better choice (plus upload a screenshot of the dialog (command _GRAPHICSCONFIG)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

So far, it does seem to respond better with hardware acceleration turned off.

I've also attached a screenshot of settings before turning acceleration off.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Pothman

If Alfred's solution of turning off hardware acceleration OFF solved this issue, can you mark his post as "Accepted Solution"?

Thanks

Dave Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost