AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Bothar
Message 1 of 4 (511 Views)

VIEWBASE section respecting layers

511 Views, 3 Replies
11-06-2013 01:24 AM

Hello,

Is there any way to get the VIEWBASE command to respect the layer settings when creating section views?

It help keep clarity, our plot styles are already setup, and IMO, more logical.

Ideas?

Viewbase Section

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 4 (488 Views)

Re: VIEWBASE section respecting layers

11-06-2013 07:00 AM in reply to: Bothar

Create the layers in your template with the settings you want.  The next time you create a drawing and use the viewbase commands the layers will already be set to what you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Valued Contributor
RyanBotha
Message 3 of 4 (469 Views)

11-06-2013 09:24 PM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Hi, responding under my personal account...

We have template files, with layers setup, text styles, etc. I don't see the correlation between my question and template files. Please explain what you meant.

I've also rewritten the quesiton, in case I was unclear.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 4 of 4 (460 Views)

11-07-2013 06:54 AM in reply to: Bothar

With the viewbase commands you will end up with only a few layers starting with MD_, those can be controlled through layer properties to display color, line type, line width, etc.  You won't be able to keep the colors of the objects layer.

So what I do is have layers in my template with the MD_***  layers and set those to the color, linetype, and plot style I want them to use so I can control linewidth pretty well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.