Viewbase hidden line issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ryan555111
2819 Views, 2 Replies

Viewbase hidden line issue

Using viewbase in Autocad 2014

The command works fine the only problem is my shorter lines do not show as hidden. Is there a way to adjust the scale for just the hidden lines?
See in the drawing I have attached that the lines aren't even all that short and should be shown as hidden.

My workaround so for is print to pdf and draw a white line to make them look hidden. Smiley Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: ryan555111

Your part is small on a small size paper, so you might consider changing your LTSCALE for the drawing to 0.5 instead of 1.  Many users prefer 0.5 as their default LTSCALE anyway.

Additionally, the linework in Drawing Views (BASEVIEWS) is all located on the MD_*** layers that get automatically created when you use VIEWBASE command.  You can assign those layers any linetype you wish.  Unfortunately, in your case, Hidden2 is already the linetype that has the smallest pen up/pen down values, so you'd have to go with a custom linetype to go that route.

Message 3 of 3
ryan555111
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks nestly2!

I tried to change the LT scale of the actually object by selecting it in model space and changing its properties but this didn't help. I never thougth about changing the global LT scale.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost