Did you mean: 

VIEWBASE experiment - humour me!

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
oohaah
997 Views, 32 Replies

VIEWBASE experiment - humour me!

Could anyone please do a little experiment for me?

I have for some time had an issue with the VIEWBASE feature whereby if I have a set of views from a 3D model on a sheet, when I use the tools from the tool palette the views no longer function.

I have subscription help and development team working on the issue but to date no resolution. Apparently I am the only one with the issue in the world?! Although I can reproduce the issue on several computers with or without customisations.

Anyhoo, 

If you copuld please create a simple 3d model, and use viewbase to create a set of views in paperspace.

Then from the default Tool Palette - Annotation, click on "Tag - Imperial" and insert into the layout (paperspace).

The try and click on the views.

Please tell me if you can or can not select the views. The issue I am having is I can no longer select them although I can still see them. If I audit the drawing, the views are erased and audit reports errors were fixed.

I would like to see if anyone else can reproduce this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: oohaah

After inserting the Tag block , if I select the view by using window selection I cant select it.

But if pick on the edge of view , I am able to select it.

But when I reopen the drawing no selection method was working.

I enter MOVE command, select ALL , base point 0,0 and second point 0,0.

Now I can select by picking the edge of view.

Message 3 of 33
nestly2

Message 4 of 33
oohaah
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks Nestly - must just be me?!

Message 5 of 33
nestly2

It doesn't mean it's just you, it only means I didn't experience the issue.  Can you attach a sample drawing?

Message 6 of 33
GrantsPirate

I followed your steps and I had no problem selecting the drawing views.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 33
oohaah
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thankyou for trying. Smiley Happy

Drawing attached....

Message 8 of 33
nestly2

Now that I've seen the drawing, I recall seeing this problem posted before.  I don't recall whether there was a solution found.

Audit finds 3 Errors,  and the "fix" is to delete the 3 drawing views, and their associated viewports.  You gave a sample drawing such as this to Autodesk support, right?   and it only happens after using tool a tool palette?

Message 9 of 33
oohaah

Yep, Yep and  .... YEP!!

Support are stumped.

It's annoying I can reproduce it on 3 different computers at work and also my personal laptop at home, yet support can't and the couple of people here can't either. I am at a loss.

Message 10 of 33
nestly2

I knew something looked out of place in the Isometric view.  I really don't use drawing views, so maybe there's options to change the view, but when I place the top-right drawing view, I'm see the "top" of the box.  When I do the same with your drawing, the top-right view is the "bottom" of the box, and the other views vary as well.  Is there a setting in VIEWBASE for this, or is you're just projecting upside-down? (1st person vs 3rd person)

http://www.screencast.com/t/ReOyQLK9H

Message 11 of 33
nestly2

... so now I'm wondering, could the problem be related to inserting an Imperial tag into a Metric drawing?

Message 12 of 33
oohaah

VIEWBASE Does not respect ucs - only wcs, so you can't choose the orientation of the projection using ucs. Only from the options it gives you and projection from those views.

The imperial tag is an example of a default cad block recreating the issue. It is not an isolated case. It occurs with my borders I have created as tool palettes and other default items on the tool palettes.

Message 13 of 33
oohaah

That drawing was a real quick roughy so I may have mucked up the location of the projection.

Message 14 of 33
nestly2

I just opened an drawing from the metric acadiso.dwt and inserted an imperial tag, and the drawing views broke

Did it again with the metric tag, and the drawing views did not break.

Message 15 of 33
oohaah

ie I did not select the view and accepted whatever it chose to give me at the time... it likes to mix things up
Message 16 of 33
oohaah

hmmmmmm...
Message 17 of 33
oohaah

Nestly,

I tried the metric/metric and the views broke.

Interesting that you can make the views break though?

Message 18 of 33
nestly2

OK, I can make the drawing views break in either the Imperial, or the Metric template by inserting the wrong type of Tag.. However, it only breaks on the first try.  If I create a 2nd layout with drawing views, inserting the wrong style tag does not break the views.

Message 19 of 33
oohaah

I couldn't see your screencast for some reason before, but now I have seen it I know what you are talking about with the isometric view. I don't know why it is doing that.

Another curious thing:

If I dbl click on the broken view, the cursour is aligning with some arbitrary ucs. Can you replicate that?

Message 20 of 33
oohaah

Ok there is a setting, just remembered, for first angle projection or third angle projection. Because I set up a new installation with all default settings it has reverted to the first angle proj.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost