Did you mean: 

Viewbase causing a problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ShadesOfCourt
388 Views, 3 Replies

Viewbase causing a problem

Hello all,

I have a file that I have been using the viewbase command on to make my different views in paperspace. The issue is that the viewbase command has stopped working. When I enter the command, I go through the entire process of selecting what I want the views of, picking my scale and then placing the different views. When I do the final click to finish the command, they disappear. I am at a loss of what could be causing the problem, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amberph
in reply to: ShadesOfCourt

Hello,

Can you send us (Feedbackacad@autodesk.com) your drawing that you are having problem with?

and can you please let us know what version of AutoCAD you are using?

Thanks!

Peng Hong

Senior Experience Designer
Message 3 of 4
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Q1) Which ACAD exactly ?

Q2) Which SP (Service Pack) installed on your ACAD ?

Q3) Which Windows exactly : Win XP Pro , Win Seven , Win 8.0 , Win 8.1 ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
elbeee

I'm having that problem, as well!

However, I've found WHERE my 'missing' views are going: Far AWAY from the white/printing paperspace area.  

Zooming WAY out in paper space (so that the paperspace printing/white area has become invisible against the sea of surrounding grey area) and hitting 'Control A' (i.e., select all), shows the selection grip points for all my missing views -- at multiple thousand inches away from paperspace print area and similarly scaled away from each other.  It's as though they've been scaled outward from the point in printable paperspace that I'd originally selected.

A fastener drawing is attached showing this radically scaled viewbase positioning in paper space.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost