View Manager in Paperspace issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
686 Views, 7 Replies

View Manager in Paperspace issue

All,

I am trying to create a layout view using the view manager in paperspace. Whenever i click on define window, it does not record any information no matter where i click. If i do the same task in model space, it accepts the window i select. I am currently using civil 3d 2013 with the latest updates. Is this an issue anyone else has been having. Please note i have never tried to do this in any other version, and may just be following the wrong steps.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

If I'm understanding you, all you need to do to create a viewport in a layout is is to simply create one using the MVIEW command.

Double click inside that to activate it, and then use the VIEW command to bring up the View Manager and restore the named modelspace view you want to see in the viewport.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Message 3 of 8
GrantsPirate

I am using 2014Mechanical and it works fine here.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

My Goal is to populate the circled area.6-18-2013 3-06-41 PM.png

Message 5 of 8
jggerth

Ok,  fwiw -- when I try to follow your steps in 2011 c3d, I get the same null response.

rather seems like that's an idea that a developer had that never got implemented?    I'll poke at it tonite in 2014 and see what hapens there.

Message 6 of 8
GrantsPirate

In MS the view defined by the window option is shown in black and surrounded by dark gray.  This won't happen in PS but it is still recording the points picked, it just won't show on screen. 

Is that what you are seeing?  Or are you going through that and it doesn't actually keep the coordinates?

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Ill bet you just nailed it. When it didt return to the dialog i assumed something went wrong, but in model space it makes you select enter to accept........

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks everyone for helping me figure that out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost