Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vert Line at Multileader Text

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TC-ESHse
1386 Views, 6 Replies

Vert Line at Multileader Text

Using Autocad 2014 and would like away to put a vertical line at the text where the leader meets it.  Is this a setting that I'm missing or might there be a Lisp routine to get it?  See the attached jpeg.Acad-Leader_01.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: TC-ESHse

MLEDERSTYLE only offers lines at the top and bottom (for leader lines at the top or bottom when yusing the vertical option). Would boxing the text be an option?

AFAIK no Lisp will alter MLEADERS like that but it is an option of you want to move away from Mleaders and create customized leader tools.
Message 3 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

Why wouldn't a custom block for MLEADER do it?

DJ

Message 4 of 7
Ajilal.Vijayan

Create TWO custom block for Right and Left side text.

And create Two Multi Leader style by changing the Multileader type to Block in Content Tab under ML style.

Then pick the block from Source block.

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

... 'block' with multi-line Attributes of course, not "text" or single line Attributes, assuming the OP wants to always edit in place and is not looking for static text. If help is offered please provide the OP with full details not just "make a block with text" 🙂

OP, these are good alternate ideas if you are able to use this feature, kudos to both users for the suggestion.
Message 6 of 7
TC-ESHse

Thanks for the replies . . . but not sure if that really solves my need.  I'd really like to use Multileader and have Autocad place that line no matter the text justification or number of actual text lines.

Message 7 of 7
jggerth

That's not currently an option.  (I used to do that style of callout in manual drafting, since it helped clarify what note was which,  but since it's not really practical in CAD we quit doing it.

If it's really critical, you have to either add the vertical line manually, or replace the MLeader with a custiom leader routine as was suggested earlier, or look into creating a routine that would automate the addition of the line to mleader entities.

If it's a 'nice to have', post it in the AUGI wishlist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost