AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Contributor
Jeff10
Message 1 of 5 (200 Views)

Value of Old Manuals/Guides and Original Discs/CDs/DVDs/Thumb Drives

200 Views, 4 Replies
10-06-2012 08:51 AM

Hi,

I'm not really sure where to ask my question, so I will start here.

I have all of the printed manuals and all of the electronic distribution media for AutoCAD going back to R14 for Windows. (AutoCAD starting with 2009, I believe, was part of the Inventor Suite I began licensing.)

I hate the thought of just trashing everything; but, there's a lot here, particularly the manuals. (I also realize that the software is licensed, so I'm not sure I can even think about selling the media.)

Any thoughts? (If this needs to be moved to another forum section, I would appreciate help with that.)

Thanks

Jeff

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (197 Views)

Re: Value of Old Manuals/Guides and Original Discs/CDs/DVDs/Thumb Drives

10-06-2012 09:00 AM in reply to: Jeff10

Hi,

imho you may sell all of that, just not the serial-number as it's licensed to you and does not have to be used by anyone else.

So if you remove the serial-number from the media it's just the material-value and not the license-value you give away.

If you like to find someone that may need your documentation and installation-media it may help if you place the info here, where you have your office (at least the state), because I don't think that it makes sense to send something across continents.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff10
Message 3 of 5 (189 Views)

10-06-2012 10:51 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for your input.

I am in Indiana, in the US.

It's good to know about the serial number number aspect.

Do you know of anyone who has sold things of this nature in the past? Any idea of the value?

Thanks again for your reply.

Jeff

Distinguished Mentor
gasty1001
Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)

10-07-2012 03:03 PM in reply to: Jeff10

Hi

Quote: "Do you know of anyone who has sold things of this nature in the past?"

Re: Yes I know: Timothy Vernor

Gaston Nunez

Jeff10
Message 5 of 5 (149 Views)

10-08-2012 03:10 AM in reply to: gasty1001

Hi,

I am not trying to get around my license agreement. I am merely attempting to salvage some value for the material in my possession.

I don't know that there's reason to differentiate that the AutoCAD and Inventor products referenced here were licensed directly from Autodesk. They were not purchased from a reseller with the intent to flip and make a profit, as was the case with Timothy Vernor.

There may be no value to what I have. If there is value, I was thinkinig it would be from a collector, or someone who still plays with an older version of the software on occasion.

Let me be clear... I do not want to do something that violates the licensing agreement that I had/have with Autodesk.

Thanks

Jeff

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.