Did you mean: 

Using Survey Units

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Joemarlowe
2153 Views, 5 Replies

Using Survey Units

I have just begun a project for school in which we create a "Plat Map" using the following constraints, Units: Length: Type; Decimal, Precision; 0.00 Angle: Type; Surveyor's Units, Precision; N 0d00'00" E Insertion Scale: Feet. Using 2000000 2000000 as my limits and a ltscale of 100. I begin by plotting a given Benchmark at 1421334.93,783207.62 and everything is great, then i plot a second point using the line command and entering in the units @113.66<N5d27'23"W and this point shows up as well. now with two points and a line connecting them in my drawing i attempt to plot a third point similarly to how i plot the second. i resume with the line command pick my second point and enter @542.16<N39d16'46"E and nothing happens. I am at a brick wall and Ive just begun my project, any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: Joemarlowe

@Joemarlowe wrote:

@I have just begun a project for school in which we create a "Plat Map" using the following constraints, Units: Length: Type; Decimal, Precision; 0.00 Angle: Type; Surveyor's Units, Precision; N 0d00'00" E Insertion Scale: Feet. Using 2000000 2000000 as my limits and a ltscale of 100. I begin by plotting a given Benchmark at 1421334.93,783207.62 and everything is great, then i plot a second point using the line command and entering in the units @113.66<N5d27'23"W and this point shows up as well. now with two points and a line connecting them in my drawing i attempt to plot a third point similarly to how i plot the second. i resume with the line command pick my second point and enter @542.16<N39d16'46"E and nothing happens. I am at a brick wall and Ive just begun my project, any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Anonymous it with out entering the @ symbol or use the # symbol instead. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 6
nestly2

@Joemarlowe wrote:

@ i resume with the line command pick my second point and enter @542.16<N39d16'46"E and nothing happens.....

What does the command line say after you press enter and "nothing happens"?

Also, if you have Dynamic Input turned on and are inputting your coords at the cursor, you can use the the "@" symbol, but you don't need to because Dynamic Input defaults to relative coordinates. If however you aren't using Dynamic Input, or are entering your coords in the Command line, you have to use the "@" symbol because the Command line defaults is Absolute coordinates.  Regardless of which method you are using, you can use "@" or "#" at any time to "force" Relative or Absolute coords.

Message 4 of 6
Joemarlowe
in reply to: Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

@Joemarlowe wrote:

@I have just begun a project for school in which we create a "Plat Map" using the following constraints, Units: Length: Type; Decimal, Precision; 0.00 Angle: Type; Surveyor's Units, Precision; N 0d00'00" E Insertion Scale: Feet. Using 2000000 2000000 as my limits and a ltscale of 100. I begin by plotting a given Benchmark at 1421334.93,783207.62 and everything is great, then i plot a second point using the line command and entering in the units @113.66<N5d27'23"W and this point shows up as well. now with two points and a line connecting them in my drawing i attempt to plot a third point similarly to how i plot the second. i resume with the line command pick my second point and enter @542.16<N39d16'46"E and nothing happens. I am at a brick wall and Ive just begun my project, any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Anonymous it with out entering the @ symbol or use the # symbol instead. 

Thanks for the response Murph & Nestly, when i use either symbol or no symbol at all the results are the same the command line reads

Specify first point:
@Specify next point or [Undo]: @542.16<N39d16'46"E

Upon zooming in (waaay in) I see that it has actually drawn a line, however this line is not to the same scale it seems... my initial line which is 113.66 units long is much longer than this 542.16 unit long line... I have attatched the file hopefully this will help.

Message 5 of 6
nestly2

There is a "point" with reversed X-Y coords (783207.62,1421334.93) and a few 542.16 lines around it, but other than that, I don't see any lines that aren't the correct length.  When you begin the 2nd line, are you sure you're specifying the correct starting point.  In the demo below, notice that both lines are started by "Snapping" to an existing point.

Survey Coordinates.gif

Message 6 of 6
Joemarlowe
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you both for your input, It seems operator error was the cause of the problem, i was expecting to be able to see what i was drawing with the whole drawing space shown, but i just had to zoom in a little bit to see what was appearing on the screen. Thanks again, serves me right using 2000000 X 2000000 limits.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost