Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using File Save As in 2013 - Can't get it to stay set on 2004

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rachelfrayne
299 Views, 3 Replies

Using File Save As in 2013 - Can't get it to stay set on 2004

Our company has different sites and the one site only has 2006 so we have to save it in 2004 so they can access the drawings. Our site just got upgraded to 2013. When I change the save as setting in 2013 to 2004 it works for all drawings during that AutoCAD session but as soon as I close out 2013 it reverts back to 2010. How can I get the file save as setting to always stay at 2004 so I don't have to manually change it ever session? In 2010, once you changed the setting to 2004 it would stay at 2004

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
27thofnever
in reply to: rachelfrayne

Did you make this change in the Options dialog box?

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman

How are you starting AutoCAD?  Are you using the same profile, or are you starting with a different profile?  And are you running any customization that sets search paths and other settings?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

SAVEAS command does not remember it's setting between sessions.

I will assume you did it properly in OPTIONS' command, the SAVE Tab, and set it there. If not do so quickly.

FYI: 2010 is not 2013's DWG format, 2013 would reosrt back to 2013 format if there was a software glitch. But since it has chosen to stick to a lower format, but not yours even-lower format, this tells me you have a startup or add-on or other 'feature' setting this up for you when you start/restart the program.

So clarify, SAVEAS or OPTIONS' setting in the SAVE tab that is glitching?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost