AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

tenhave.dane
Message 1 of 4 (905 Views)

Using acaddoc.lsp

905 Views, 3 Replies
11-15-2012 09:46 PM

I just upgraded to AutoCAD 2013 and have been frustrated for weeks with the default hatch pattern being set to ANSI31, no longer SOLID which it was in AutoCAD 2011. After a little reading I discovered the

(setvar "HPNAME" "SOLID")

command for use in acaddoc.lsp (file correctly placed in the Support folder) but have had no luck in getting CAD to load it upon opening new drawings. My acaddoc.lsp file reads as follows, but never loads/works:

(setvar "HPNAME" "SOLID")
(command "GRID" "OFF")
(setvar "FILEDIA" 1)

Anyone know why it isnt working? I'm at a loss...

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (893 Views)

Re: Using acaddoc.lsp

11-16-2012 12:28 AM in reply to: tenhave.dane

Hi,

>> My acaddoc.lsp file reads as follows, but never loads/works:

If you type this into the commandline, what's the result then?

(findfile "acaddoc.lsp")

Is it found? And if it's found is this the file you modified or do you have multiple files with this name?

Another option could be (started with 2013 SP1) that you set the new switch for disabling LISP-code (>>>readme<<<). Then also the ACADDOC.LSP would not get active.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 3 of 4 (888 Views)

11-16-2012 05:57 AM in reply to: tenhave.dane

You might also consider placing this file in its own unique folder, such as "C:\CADSTUFF" (or whatever you want to call it)

Then add this path to the TOP of your support file search path. Then anything else you place here (acad.lsp, shape files, etc.) will always load first and be kept separate from the program files. This makes your custom stuff easy to copy/migrate too.

tenhave.dane
Message 4 of 4 (840 Views)

11-19-2012 01:35 PM in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the advice guys, I checked the shortcut and there was no /nolisp switch, and the file was being correctly identified by AutoCAD with the findfile command. I didn't move the file into it's own directory, as it was being found. After a computer reboot however, the file was being loaded at startup.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.