USE OF MIRRTEXT

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
seijitateishi
3992 Views, 4 Replies

USE OF MIRRTEXT

Hello everyone,

Given the following archtectural Drawing using blocks and attributes below, the four workstations on the front counter were supposed to have been drawn with MIRRTEXT. I tried the same, but couldn't get it in the same as in the drawing. See my attempt on the second picture. I will appreciate if someone could help, please.

Seiji

Original Drawing:

CAD ROOM.JPG

Second Picture - My Attempt but failed:

CAD ROOM1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: seijitateishi

First, you can't draw anything with MIRRTEXT. It is a setting that affects how text is mirrored.

Second, if you used single line attributes, it looks like you correctly mirrored the blocks with MIRRTEXT set to 0.  To get the 24" LCD line below the QUAD CORE line, you need to have a single multi-line attribute.

You should also note that the assignment given, keeps the mouse right handed, meaning that you should have mirrored the blocks twice.  Unless the instructor is actually checking the DWG files however it would have been much easier to just insert the computer group on the front counter rotated correctly and then copy it.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
seijitateishi
in reply to: dbroad

dbroad:

I tried the twice mirroring the blocks. And when it came to the order of the text, by double-clicking the block to open the Editor, I forcibly reversed the values of Monitor and Processor opposite as in the picture. It's wrong information but it looks like the one in the given drawing. But, I couldn't push the whole bloc of text to Left Aligned.  Unles you have a further idea, that's as far as I could understand up to here.

Seiji

CAD ROOM 4.jpg

Message 4 of 5

May be with Dynamic Block rotation action by excluding the text ?
Message 5 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: seijitateishi

Hi Seiji,

If you un-check "Lock Position" in Mode Section in Attribute Definition dialog (ATTDEF command) during attribute creation, then you will be able to rearrange attribute positions after you mirrored block.

You can also do this in Block Editor Properties palette if you already created block, but in tis case you have to Synchronize already inserted blocks in Block Attribute Manager.

See attached drawing with block with "unlocked" attribute position.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost