Did you mean: 

Update multiple attributed blocks at once

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nick.carter
3213 Views, 6 Replies

Update multiple attributed blocks at once

I need to mass update attributed blocks in my drawings. The number of different attributed blocks in our drawings range for 40 to over 500. Typically a block would be inserted and the ATTSYNC command would be used to update all the blocks with that block name. This works well for the small updates that normally take place. Recently I had to update the whole library which requires changes to all the blocks in all our drawings.

Is there a way to use the ATTSYNC, but select multiple blocks at once?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: nick.carter

ATTSYNC is a one-block tool: what kind of changes are you trying to implement exactly?
Message 3 of 7
nick.carter

Typically updates are done as needed, but this was a large change involving all the blocks. I updated visual aspects of teh blocks, their attribute formats and added attributes across our block library, so I need a quick way to update all the blocks within each drawing. The visual changes happen automatically when the block is inserted into the drawing. The attributes take up the most time. If I could do all the blocks at once that would be the easiest and most efficient.

Message 4 of 7
steve216586

If you have an attribute with the same tag in all your blocks, I guess you could use BATTMAN to change that value across the board. Then you would need some type of routine to Open, change in BATTMAN, Save, Close, every drawing in a folder. There are some out there which could do that from Windows.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 7
nick.carter
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks, I've seen some of those, but I have 28 attributes per block. The formatting can be different for each attribute based on the equipment and usage. Using BATTMAN in the past caused a lot of problems and reduced efficiency.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

You'll need to customize: repost in this form, include all the extra details missed in your first post and provide a sample DWG file. The users there can help you get started with some code http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/bd-p/130
Message 7 of 7
3wood

You can try ATTSYNCALL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost