Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Pan or Zoom the contents of viewport when on layout?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
martindunseath
19776 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to Pan or Zoom the contents of viewport when on layout?

Having purchased a Mac to do my Masters in Architecture I have moved away from using AutoCAD on PC. For some reason I am not able to zoom or pan the contents of my viewport when on a layout?? I know that if I select the viewport making sure its unlocked I should be able to zoom in, out or even pan my drawing which technicaly is modelspace to suit my layout, but instead when I zoom or pan it zooms or pans the layout. So fustrating!!  Anyone have any solutions??   

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fateyo
in reply to: martindunseath

Just double check with you.

If you select your viewport then ctrl+1

in the porperties table > Misc > Display locked = yes or no?

Message 3 of 8
martindunseath
in reply to: fateyo

Thanks for you help! So "Display Locked" is not ticked, viewport is not locked.

M. Dunseath
Message 4 of 8
pendean

1. This is not the MAC forum.
2. To pan or zoom in a viewport, you need to be inside the viewport. The fact that you can still select the viewport tells me you are not inside it.
3. Post the DWG file here if that is not the problem so we can all look at it.
Message 5 of 8
fateyo

You have the same problem in all drawing or only one drawing?

If for only one drawing, suggest you "audit" it then try again.

If it still not work. just make a new drawing on all layers copy every model space to model space and paper space to paperspace.

Message 6 of 8
bookkeeper

When I am in Paper space and double click the viewport it brings me full screen into Model space. I want to be in model space within the viewport to move the image in the VP, how do I keep it from going full-screen MS?

Also, My properties menu doesn't have many basic commands listed. I have to use workarounds to access commands.\ and finally my helpdesk space will not display properly the top 2 inches is out of view and the text runs off my screen so I cannot get the instructions I need.

Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: bookkeeper

Double-click inside the viewport, not the viewport outline, if you want to stay in your layout as you work inside the viewport. Just unlock the viewport o you can pan/zoom too.

Why not start different topics for your other two problems so the topic of this thread doesn't get muddled with your on-related issues. And post screenshots with them, "doesn't have many" tell no one much of anything. Same with your 2-inches out of view issue.

HTH

Message 8 of 8
camQX5ZF

Thanks very much for your advice from 6 years ago 🙂

I had exactly the same problem, viewport display was set to locked, this resolved it instantly.

I'm on a PC so this isn't a MAC issue, it's a format setting (within the file I was editing in this instance) issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost