Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Load Important .PDB Files For AutoCad 2015 Into Visual Studio 2012 Pro

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1705 Views, 1 Reply

Unable To Load Important .PDB Files For AutoCad 2015 Into Visual Studio 2012 Pro

Not sure whether this is unique to AutoCAD 2015, VS 2012 or neither, but when I try to load the debugging symbols - .PDB files - I don't get them all. It *does* load a selection (see attachment) - but the most imortant DLLs, the ones that get used most often (acdb20.dll, accore.dll, accorelock.dll and acad.exe itself) do *not* get loaded. This makes debugging a problem practically impossible - I end up with a call stack that I cannot do anything with because of this.

As far as I know my 2015 is bang up-to-date, and I have just updated VS to Update 4 and no joy (it didn't work in the previous update either).

Basically I'm trying to trace a crash that is unique to 2015 (as opposed to older versions of AutoCAD) and it falls over in the middle of AutoDesk code (accore.dll in this case), nothing of our code in the call stack - which is why I need those symbols. If I could see what it was trying to do at the time, I *might* have a clue where to start looking in our code for what is wrong. We've obviously done something that we got away with previously but is not being tolerated now (or changes to the engine broke our code) and I need to know what so I can find another way.

If I try to load the symbols manually at the time, it makes the effort but then simply asks me for the location of the PDB file as it isn't in the symbol cache where everything else is (and it isn't anywhere under Program Files\AutoDesk, I checked).

Any idea why I can't download these important symbol files?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
frank.broeckmann
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jason,

I cannot give you a solution but I experienced the same behavior recently.

Some symbol files are found, some are not. I was also wondering whether this is intended or not ...

Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost