Did you mean: 

TTF issue with text

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tami_peabody
1030 Views, 5 Replies

TTF issue with text

I am trying to prepare AutoCAD files from R14 to open in Adobe Illustrator.

The issues is that the file has text which cannot change kerning, or change justification. When the text is changed to Mtext it does both. Files that are .dwg brought into AI must have Mtext or the fonts are replaced (shx vs. ttf) with a default ttf font. Is there a way around this that can be put into a script?

I am using AutoCAD 2014 and AI CC.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: tami_peabody

Open the file in AutoCAD and use STYLE command to change the fonts assigned to all the text styles in the file.

Assuming there are no manual overrides inside each MTEXT object.
Message 3 of 6
tami_peabody
in reply to: pendean

The TTF fonts don't appear in the drop down list. I've verified that they are in my Windows folder (installed, not copied) and also in the AutoCAD program file font folder. I've reinstalled, restarted AutoCAD, and restarted my computer.Other TTF fonts are listed in the Text style drop down list but not the RomanD and RomanS fonts required. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

There are no stick-font TTF files, you have to replace them with 'real' TTF fonts like Arial or similar.

If you want stick fonts (romanS and RomanD) you're stuck with using SHX fonts, AutoCAD only uses those ttf fonts for visual display.

Message 5 of 6
justshutup

@tami_peabody wrote:

I am trying to prepare AutoCAD files from R14 to open in Adobe Illustrator.

The issues is that the file has text which cannot change kerning, or change justification. When the text is changed to Mtext it does both. Files that are .dwg brought into AI must have Mtext or the fonts are replaced (shx vs. ttf) with a default ttf font. Is there a way around this that can be put into a script?

I am using AutoCAD 2014 and AI CC.

2014 or R14?

Message 6 of 6
tami_peabody
in reply to: justshutup

I'm using 2014, the files are R14

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost