Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update Tool Palettes automatically on several user's machines.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
matt.curley
1871 Views, 4 Replies

Trying to update Tool Palettes automatically on several user's machines.

I've created several custom tool palettes for the company I am working for.  5 so far and there will more to come.  Some are standard tools for our CAD group and some are client specific.  I am trying to work it so that when I edit/add to a specific palette, it will automatically update everyone elses palettes.  I am working with AutoCAD 2015.  If it helps here is how I created the palettes.

I created a file and named it, for example, Tool Palette_Annotation, Tool Palette_Equipment, Tool Palette_Client Blocks etc,  and within these files are several blocks that our organization will use in our drawings.  I created a new group (Name of Organization) and moved each new palette under this group.  I added the tools by copying and pasting each tool into the palette.  I made a root folder called CAD Management in a location that all users will have access.  Within the CAD Management folder I created a Tool Palettes folder.  Within Tool Palettes I saved several files.  The .dwg files I used to create the blocks (which is where the tools on the palette are mapped to), the .xpg file, the .xtp files, the .atc files, and the image file folders (I believe the thumbnail images of the blocks).  I also added a path under Options-Files-Tool Palette File Location to map to the CAD Management\Tool Palettes directory.  

As of now whenever I edit/add to a palette, each user has to go in and manually re-import the updated tool palette.  Everyone has access to the files, it's just a matter of figuring out a way to tell AutoCAD to "refresh the palette".  I thought in the past there was a refresh button on the bottom of the tool palettes (I may be thinking of AutoCAD Architecture).  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troye
in reply to: matt.curley

you should just be able to export the profile and attach /p "drive\directory\profile.arg to target on the icon and when they open acad it all should be there.

Message 3 of 5
matt.curley
in reply to: troye

Do you mean that everyone should be using the same profile?

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: matt.curley

ideally, yes.
Message 5 of 5
troye
in reply to: pendean

That is the plan at any company. The workspaces should be set up for the individule user.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost