Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a file from acad 2014 to EnROUTE

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SCD_CAD
2777 Views, 7 Replies

Trying to get a file from acad 2014 to EnROUTE

I work in the fabrication industry. I am currently running AutoCAD 2014. I need to get a dwg file to a CNC. The software they are using in EnRoute 3.3. I have sent then dxf files from all formats, 2004, 200, 14 ect. When there is an arc or a circle in the file and is opened in EnRoute all of the circles and arcs come out broken. The CNC guy needs to spend 10-30 minutes reconnecting all the points. I have experienced this with saving a file to dxf in AutoCAD Architecture2010 and then trying to open the file in AutoCAD 2006. All the lines and connection poits are broken and not to scale.

The EnRoute 3.3 file extenstion is ENR.

Does anyone know of a converter or how I can get the file from ACAD to EnRoute?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: SCD_CAD

Hi,

>> All the lines and connection poits are broken and not to scale.

Can you upload a) the drawing before export to DXF and b) the DXF-file itself?

If the contours were polylines then they are also polylines after exporting to any older DXF. At the moment I see no reason why the DXF-export would explode these objects. But lets see the data.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
SCD_CAD

The dwg or dxf does not explode in AutoCAD or if I open the file in Illustartor. The problem occurs when the dxf file is opened in the EnRoute  software. I have tried the EPS file format, PDF, DXF, IA etc. They all break up the arc and circles into 10 segments.

Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

Hi,

And what happens with polyline objects, when you open DXF file in EnRoute?
If they are kept unbroken, than you can try to convert all arcs and circles to polylines and export to DXF.
To convert arcs you can use PEDIT command and for circles you need to find some AutoLISP routine for example this:
autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/07/23/autolisp-curves-to-polyline/

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The problem occurs when the dxf file is opened in the EnRoute  software

You should then ask the software vendor of EnRoute.

I'm a little bit confused as you wrote:

>> [..] and then trying to open the file in AutoCAD 2006. All the lines and connection poits are broken

So I though it's AutoCAD that does that splitting of the elements.

If you have already done all with polylines you might also think about the polyline-type. There is a LW-Polyline and a 2D-Polyline, working similar and (besides of some features like curved, splined, ...) you even don't recognize a difference.

See sysvar PLINETYPE (>>>details<<< + the command _CONVERT mentioned there too) therefor and try both types of polylines to export to your CNC-software.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 8
pendean

It would appear your EnROUTE product is creating all the broken lines: time to seek ehlp from them about proper export procedures from AutoCAd for the program.
Message 7 of 8
jhw3

Have you tried R12 dxf saving just the objects? Does this happen as soon as you import the dxf into enroute? If not, I would suspect the post out to the machine needs to be altered.

I import R12 dxf's into Vectric Aspire with no problems.

John

Message 8 of 8
jmackniak

I was having an issue bring an AutoCAD 2018 file into enroute.   i wasnt able to.    I had to save it as a 2000 version and i was able to bring the file into enroute.

i believe you have a totally unrelated issue but i couldn't find any help online regarding enroute imports so i posted this here.  i hope i help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost