AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

LJSilver
Message 1 of 8 (317 Views)

Toolpallete groups

317 Views, 7 Replies
01-09-2013 10:24 PM

Hello,

I made some toolpallets and i want them to share with my collegas. I know that i can export them amd then import manualy, but is it possible to set the files of the toolbars on the server so if i change anything everybody has the same?

I dont want to import and export them everytime i change something.

Hope someone can help me.

Lind regards,

LJ

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 8 (301 Views)

Re: Toolpallete groups

01-10-2013 05:20 AM in reply to: LJSilver

You have to EXPORT the TPs to a central location, then path that folder on every machine for toolpalettes (OPTIONS command's FILES Tab has a specific entry for TPs), then load.

Post back if you get stuck.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
LJSilver
Message 3 of 8 (295 Views)

01-10-2013 05:57 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks for te reaction.

I exported all TP files (xtp) en also de TPgroups (xpg) to one central map on our server and i set the pathfolder correct on my pc en the pc of my collega but my colega doesnt see the toolbars i created. Only if he manually import them. I want it be automaticly so if I make changes he also have them.

We both use the same CUI file also.

What is wrong ?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 8 (277 Views)

01-10-2013 03:34 PM in reply to: LJSilver

Toolbars?

You still have to install/import the TPs the first time on each PC after you perform the path changes in OPTIONS>FIles tab like this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/AutoCad-2010-tool-palette-exporting-q...

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
gil.dalton
Message 5 of 8 (256 Views)

01-13-2013 05:51 AM in reply to: LJSilver
If you want AutoCAD to automatically pickup the new tool palettes and any subsequent changes you need to create a Catalog, if you have one of the AutoCAD verticals that comes with the Content Browser (CONTENTBROWSER from the command line) this is easy otherwise it's a bit of a pain. Using the Content Browser you can create a new Catalog and inside that new tool palette(s), then you can copy and paste in your palette tools. Once completed you can then publish the Catalog to the shared directory and as long as you have your shared directory listed in the tool palettes paths AutoCAD will load them. You may have to add them to your list of visible palettes but they will be automatically loaded for you. I would suggest making the palettes read only otherwise any changes made by anyone will be written back to the palettes. If you don't have the Content Browser let me know and I'll tell you how to create a Catalog manually.
Valued Contributor
Anthonius
Message 6 of 8 (200 Views)

04-24-2013 02:34 PM in reply to: gil.dalton

Contentbrowser only works with AutoCAD Architecture.

I believe the best way is to actually copy the toolpallete folder from YOUR machine onto the server, and then have everyone's computer point to that under options/files/Tool Palettes File Locations.  I'm still in the process of testing that and figuring it out but I have to bug a colleague here and there to test it and that take time. :smileywink:

--------------
AutoCAD MEP 2014 64 bit
Revit 2014
Windows 7

Have a good time, all the time.
Valued Contributor
gil.dalton
Message 7 of 8 (184 Views)

04-25-2013 01:55 AM in reply to: Anthonius

CONTENTBROWSER works perfectly well for me in Civil 3D so I'm going to be bold and suggest it works in verticals of AutoCAD such as Civil 3D, Architecture or MEP.

The first time I shared tool palettes I done a similar thing of copying the tool palettes folder to a network location, however I went a bit further by manually modifying the AcTpCatalogGA.atc to remove any tool palette records that I didn't want shared. In AutoCAD I had multiple file locations for palettes; the default location for out-of-the-box palettes and the network location for our company palettes. Because there is a top level catalog in each location AutoCAD just picks up all the palettes. I also made the invidual atc files for the company palettes read-only so the they couldn't be modified.

Valued Contributor
Anthonius
Message 8 of 8 (165 Views)

04-25-2013 08:42 AM in reply to: gil.dalton

"I went a bit further by manually modifying the AcTpCatalogGA.atc to remove any tool palette records that I didn't want shared."

Could you elaborate on this?  Attached is our new AcTpCatalog.atc file that I've placed on our server. It points to two toolpalettes that we just created and I think it is exactly as it should be.  It was created automatically when I pointed my own computer to this server file location and created a new toolpalette so maybe there's nothing in there I have to remove?

(The attached file IS a "atc" file, I had to change it to "txt" so it could post.  Weird.)

--------------
AutoCAD MEP 2014 64 bit
Revit 2014
Windows 7

Have a good time, all the time.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.