Did you mean: 

TOOLBAR LOCK ICON

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
radar696
4477 Views, 16 Replies

TOOLBAR LOCK ICON

I know that I can use the LOCKUI command to control this function but I'm mostly using the ICON located in the lower right hand corner.

Well that ICON disappeared today for whatever reason and I have no idea how to get it back.

I've attached a screen shot for reference.

I'm hoping there is a command that I can use that will make it reappear again.

All input welcome.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Gelby4
in reply to: radar696

That little arrow on the far right should do it. If you click it, there should be a list of toolbar objects to check/uncheck.
Message 3 of 17
radar696
in reply to: Gelby4

You are talking about the Drawing Status Bar Menu right?

Well I forgot to add to my original post that I had already tried that route.

I unselected and then reselected each item shown in the menu and the ICON still doesn't appear.

Thank you for your input though, you reminded me of what I forgot.

Message 4 of 17
nestly2

I think your screenshot only shows the Drawing Status Bar... the LockUI icon is on the AutoCAD status bar.  Maybe you turned off the StatusBar, and/or it's hidden behind the Windows Task bar.  Try resizing your AutoCAD window if the latter.

Message 5 of 17
radar696
in reply to: nestly2

Still not there.

If there is a second bar that should be showing I don't know how to check if it's turned off or not.

Could you post a screen shot so I can at least compare it to what I have currently on my screen?

Are you sure that the lock icon isn't supposed to show on the status bar in my posted picture?

Message 6 of 17
nestly2

@radar696 wrote:

Still not there.

If there is a second bar that should be showing I don't know how to check if it's turned off or not.

Could you post a screen shot so I can at least compare it to what I have currently on my screen?

Are you sure that the lock icon isn't supposed to show on the status bar in my posted picture?

Yes, there are definitely two Statusbars in AutoCAD.  You can choose to not to display the Drawing Statusbar, which puts a couple extra icons on the AutoCAD Statusbar, but you really need it when using a vertical version of AutoCAD, which I think you are, but I don't know which one.... It also looks like you have an addon of some sort, and your screencap seems not to go all the way to the bottom of the AutoCAD window, so I can't really tell if you're showing the Drawing Statusbar, or the combined Statusbar, but since I'm seeing the Cut Plane control, it looks like the Drawing Statusbar to me.

Here's a video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivA8_mk1-A

Message 7 of 17
nestly2

... also, you should be able to enable/disable the Drawing Statusbar directly from the AutoCAD Statusbar.

Statusbar controls.gif

Message 8 of 17
radar696

Okay you have me convinced.

You are correct about the lower status missing although I have double checked and it definitely is missing.

So how do I turn it back on since I'm not seeing a selection for that bar in the options?

The addon that you are seeing toolbars for is FactoryCAD.

A Siemens program.

Message 9 of 17
nestly2

I don't know that it can be turned off unless the Drawing Statusbar is also turned off... I have however had it "hidden" behind the Windows Taskbar, when switching between single and multiple displays.  Have you tried resizing the AutoCAD Window up/down?  You may just have the bottom of the AutoCAD window pushed off the bottom of the display.  (click Restore Down, then Maximize) and/or doubleclick the AutoCAD Titlebar.)

Message 10 of 17
radar696

I have checked by changing the window size.

Believe me, it's not hidden behind the Windows taskbar.

My Windows taskbar is transparent and I would be able to see it.

Message 11 of 17
nestly2

Humor me.... Resize your AutoCAD window by dragging the top edge down to about the middle of your screen, then drag the WHOLE AutoCAD window back up so you can see the desktop between AutoCAD and the Windows Task bar... post screenshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7NBdadbDE

Message 12 of 17
radar696

Here's my screen shot.

Message 13 of 17
nestly2

Looks to me like the either the command line, and/or the Toolbars are covering up the statusbar. If moving them somewhere else doesn't reveal the AutoCAD status bar, I'm out of ideas other that resetting AutoCAD back to default settings.

Message 14 of 17
radar696

So I've done some more investigation and the bar that is missing from my AutoCAD is the "Application Status Bar Menu".

Is there any way to check and see if this bar has been turned off?

I really don't want to have to reset my defaults since I believe that will also cause me to have to re-install my FactoryCAD program too.

Radar

P.S.  I have moved the command line off of the bottom of the screen too, to verify that the bar is not hidden behind it.

It's not there either.

Message 15 of 17
nestly2

STATUSBAR = 0 turns off the statusbar

STATUSBAR = 1 enables the AutoCAD statusbar

STATUSBAR = 2 enables both the AutoCAD and Drawing statusbar, but I think we already covered that (video in post #6)

Also, have you tried switching to another Profile in Options.  I think if you switch to the vanilla AutoCAD profile and it shows up, then you know it's something has gone awry with the Architecture profile.

Message 16 of 17
radar696

This is the answer I was looking for.

It appears that my STATUSBAR setting was on (3).

Which caused the Application Status Bar to disappear.

My apologizes for not watching the video in that post.

There are no hints in the comments you had posted, so I didn't see any reason that the video would be helpful.

Radar

Message 17 of 17
bluelinegraphics

This is for AutoCAD LT 2016.  Hopefully this feature won't vanish as well. . .    At the bottom right of the display is a standard menu icon, three horizontal lines.  Click on that, and one of the menu choices will be "Lock UI (User Interface).  That will show up along the bottom row of workplace display icons.  A screenshot is below.

Lock panels.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost