Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
glen.mccarley
942 Views, 2 Replies

Tool Palettes

I have created tool palettes for  the electrical group, exported the palettes and imported the palettes and also copied the entire tool palette directory from my machine to their with the tool palette pathing correct in options.

Problem:

The order of the tools, titles and separator marks are totally different on the electrical machines.

How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Glen,

I had the same problem and did the following:

Check in Options-->Profiles if the current profile is the same name in all the machines. Otherwise make "Set Current" that profile which was in the original machine to all the machines. 

It worked for us, hope it does for you too.

If the profile name doesn't exist at all, you may have to export it from the original computer and import it in your new machines from the "Export", "Import" buttons in the same Options-->Profiles menu.

Regards,

Ramya.

Message 3 of 3
LyleHardin
in reply to: glen.mccarley

Here's another trick to share your tool palettes.

Copy them to the network and you won't have to keep exporting and importing on all the machines.

Create your tool palette(s).

Find the tool palette you just created. Usually here:

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes

Move the .atc file to a shared network location along with the Images folder.

Point everyone's machine to that folder.

Now everyone can see the custom tool palettes and when you edit the custom tool palettes, the ones on the network will be edited.

toolpalettepaths.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost