Did you mean: 

tool palettes

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
anjaeger
9848 Views, 8 Replies

tool palettes

I have recently purchased a new computer and have been transferring files etc and reloaded my Autocadlt 2014. My question is on my old computer in autocad I created a new tool palette with drwgs that I use often. Is there anyway to get those onto my new computer or do I just have to start from scratch again.

AJ

PS is there somewhere to look for what is new in 2014 from 2013.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: anjaeger

HELP has a 'what is new' section, but not a lot if different between those two. Plus dozens of websites, blogs and YouTube videos all over the Internet.

You can export/import TPs if you organized everything correctly: also explained in help as well as about two dozen websites and blogs all over the Internet. Help yourself, post back if you get stuck somewhere.
Message 3 of 9
fythosx
in reply to: pendean

Easiest solution is to always have a .dwg file of the blocks you want to designate for use in the tool palette.

With this file you can CTRL+2 and bring up Design Center. locate your file and right click then select "Create Tool Palette". there you go. AutoCAD will reference this file at this location, so make sure that when you're ready to do this, that your files are organized the way you want them to be.

Message 4 of 9
anjaeger
in reply to: fythosx

Thank you. I do have a file that I have labelled "Blocks" and most of what I
created for my tool palette is in that file. I will try what you have
suggested. Again than you for your reply.

AJ
Message 5 of 9
heinsite

If you still have access to the old computer and your AutoCAD setup don't forget also that you can export pallets and groups and import them into your new system.  This can often be quite helpful if you've set up pallets with separators and put things in custom orders.  It's a little extra work but may be something you hadn't thought of.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 6 of 9
ELLIOTCORREA

Hello Forum Friends

I have spent a great amount of time during the last 3 months to solve a problem with my Tool Palettes. Today  I came across your postings. Thanks a lot.... the problem was quickly solved by reading your comments.

Thank

Elliot

Message 7 of 9
JayPhelan

I am trying to drag and drop a simple line into my new tool pallett but once my arrow touches the pallette box it is gone. Is the tool pallette locked or am I not seeing something. THis is a company cad program so I am thinking the people that set this up at the start may have the tool pallette function locked, could this be?

Thanks,

The confused designer.

Message 8 of 9
ameloccaro
in reply to: fythosx

Byfar the quickest and easiest solution. I got my customized/personal toolbar back in 15 seconds... tops. Thanks.
Message 9 of 9
lmorris
in reply to: JayPhelan

I dont know if you have done this. But I was having same problem. After i created block, I couldnt drop on palette. I had to save drawing and then it worked.

Good Luck

Luana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost