Did you mean: 

Tool palette retro compatibility

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mcorriveau
549 Views, 6 Replies

Tool palette retro compatibility

Is there a way to make a tool palette created in 2015 compatible with earlier version of AutoCAD ? 2011 in my case.

When i mean compatible i mean not "read-only" i want to customize it between both version of AutoCAD.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doben
in reply to: mcorriveau

You should be able to use the palette with both versions as long as any blocks used are saved to ACAD 2010 format. 

Message 3 of 7
mcorriveau
in reply to: doben

Sadly this is not what is hapening right now.

Here is a print screen of the message.

This tool palettes was made with autocad 2015 and loaded in acad 2011.

All the blocks are saved in 2010.

The palette is also locked when it contain only macro and lisp shortcut (no block).

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: mcorriveau

Do the reverse, that always works: create tha palette in 2011 and load it into 2015. There are limits to going back when it comes to customizations.
Message 5 of 7

Hi Martin,

Did you export the tool palettes from AutoCAD 2015 to XTP files first, and then import those XTP files into AutoCAD 2011?

Although it is not recommended that you share tool palettes between versions, you may want to try this to see if it helps.

Here is an article about exporting and importing tool palettes that may be helpful, if you haven't tried this already.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 6 of 7

Seems to work!

However it would be more convenient to share the same folder between computer without the export/import process since i am sharing the same folder between work and home.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 7

Hi Martin,

I'm glad to hear that worked for you.

If you'd like to see the sharing of tool palettes improved in the future, you can submit your suggestion via our Product Feedback Page. Be sure to include the impact this has on your business, which will help illustrate the need for an enhancement to this feature.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost