Did you mean: 

Toggle Toolbars in 2015?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tlr156
774 Views, 6 Replies

Toggle Toolbars in 2015?

I am in the process of updating my company's custom menu functions (ribbon, drop-down menus, toolbars, etc) to complete our upgrade from 2010 LT to AutoCAD 2015.  Some of our users still like to use toolbars, & we previously had a "Shortcut" toolbar which had several buttons to toggle various other toolbars on & off as necessary.  The command was simple, just the folowing text:

^C^C_-toolbar;TOOL_BAR_NAME;;

Apparently at some point since 2010 LT they have changed the way the -toolbar command works, & the command above no longer functions correctly.

Previously once you had entered the name of the toolbar, the default option would be to show it if it was hidden, or to hide it if it was shown.  Now the default option regardless of the current state is "show".

Any recommendations on how I can regain this function?  I have searched the help file, google, & this forum without result.

Thanks,

Scott

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: tlr156

Looks like you might be are ready to switch to using the WORKSPACE feature in AutoCAD/LT.
Message 3 of 7
dbroad

In addition to what Dean said, you could use the lisp program here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/toolbar-toggle-show-hide/m-p/786053#M...

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 7
tlr156
in reply to: pendean

We've been using Workspace for some time now, but many users prefer to maximize their viewable drawing area by toggling toolbars off when not in use.  For some users we'd need 20+ workspace options to acomplish the same function we've had in the past.  Hardly seems worth the effort (& clutter for other users).

Personally, I don't even use toolbars anymore, but to each their own, right?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
tlr156
in reply to: dbroad

It appears that when I searched the forum earlier, I inadvertantly limited myself to only the AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015 forum, thereby missing all that the Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization forum had to offer.

I ended up utilizing the lisp routine attached to this post and edited our old toolbar commands to specify which menu group & toolbar to toggle.

Thanks to your link dbroad, I realized the error in my earlier search.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 6 of 7
dbroad

Glad you were able to find what you need but IMO, Frank O's function is written better and more compact.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 7
tlr156
in reply to: dbroad

dbroad, I took another look at Frank O's I see what you mean.  I must have screwed something up the first time I tried using it, as I couldn't get it to work properly on my first go around.

Thanks again,

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost