Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system cannot open the device or file specifies...

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bham4ever
13644 Views, 7 Replies

The system cannot open the device or file specifies...

Got 3 new Dell computers..two installed Autocad 13 with no problem on the third one it keeps giving us the same error message.

I am able to install other programs. AutoCad, no matter what version, gives the error message "The system cannot open the device or file specifies. C:\users\admin02\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIFB37.tmp\x64\acad\acad.msi"

I get this same message no matter which user I try to install Acad from. If I try more than once to install it, I get a similar error message: C:\users\admin02\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI378B.tmp\x64\en-us\Components\adr2013\SetupDesignReview2013.msi.

Has anyone ran into this before?

"Never say Never"
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bham4ever
in reply to: bham4ever

just read this ...Trend Micro + which we use may be causing the problem has anyone else run into this?

"Never say Never"
Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

Yes.  This is almost certainly the problem.  Here is the official documentation:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1096841.aspx

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-T...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
bham4ever
in reply to: TravisNave

Once the Trend Micro Security Software was unistalled the installation of Autocad went smoothly and then we reinstalled the Security software.

Any office that runs this software might like to know this works to resolve the install problem.

"Never say Never"
Message 5 of 8
KevinEcker1621

No ifs ands or buts.........Trend is the answer. Once i disabled it, ACAD loaded fine.

Message 6 of 8
KevinEcker1621

No need to uninstall........................just disable it. A computer restart will turn it back on.

Message 7 of 8

I have the same problem and I uninstall and after I reinstall. Now everything work fine

Message 8 of 8
kenblu24

Installing Inventor 2018 today. Encountered a missing resource locator box as the installer tried to uninstall Design Review 2013. The missing file was, if I remember correctly, 

C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2016\x86\en-us\Components\adr2013\SetupDesignReview2013.msi

I simply resolved this problem by downloading the Inventor 2016 install pack from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. I extract the install contents to a directory, and retry the uninstallation process as I did previously. This time, if I get a missing resource alert, I simply direct it to the correct .msi from the install directory.

Please only use this method if other methods do not work. This will only solve the issue of missing install files, which I only had because the install files were manually removed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost