Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The correct way to merge license files ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
335-33329912
377 Views, 3 Replies

The correct way to merge license files ?

What is the correct way to merge a network license file. We recently actived some additional licenses and I copied the additional license information into the existing license file.

When I do a status enquiry, only the new licenses are available. The existing ones seemed to have dissapeared ? In both cases the old and new license files are for 2015 products.

What am I doing wrong ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: 335-33329912

Hello

Just a few ideas :

1) Have you tested your New LIC file on the site : licenseparser.com 

Which result ?

2) If you have many sections with the same product (for exemple: ACAD 2014), these sections must have exactly the same date ! 

... ISSUED=16-Jun-2014 ... 

This means for sections with ONE product : ACAD 2014 and for sections with Suites including ACAD 2014 ...

3) It's better to have ONLY ONE Header (or ALL Headers must be the exactly the same !) 

SERVER  MyServer  1234567890AB 
USE _SERVER 
VENDOR  adskflex port=2080 

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
335-33329912
in reply to: braudpat

Hello Pat,

The license parser website shows all licenses in the license file. The problem is that LM tools does not.

On portion 2 the issue date for the AutoCAD licenses are different. One set of licenses issued in June, this 2nd set issues in Sept ? Why would this be a problem ? As per the register once website it gives instructions to add the increment to the bottom of the license file...

Message 4 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: 335-33329912

Have you checked out the following link... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost