Did you mean: 

Text styles for differnt layers?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GPSJane
496 Views, 6 Replies

Text styles for differnt layers?

Hiya all

How do I change the text style for one layer only? I already have some text in one font on a layer but now I want to create lables in a different font but when I change the text style while that layer is active both layers change.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: GPSJane

You will prolly need to create a second style and then select the text objects you want to change and change them only to the new style. You can prolly select the text on a layer with qselect and then use props to change the style..

Style is consistant thru layers. In otherwords, the text is not layer dependent but rather style dependent regardless of the layer you put it on.  If you mod a style it wil propagate throughout the drawing and any text using that style will change.

Disclaimer: Assuming no third party apps.

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
GPSJane
in reply to: drjohn

Oh thanks. It took me a while to see but now I see you can apply a style in the properties. Oops.

Is there a way to align things like test without making them touch. E.g. keep them on the x-axis but move them on the y-axis or vica versa.

Message 4 of 7
drjohn

Text has an insertion point.

Assuming you do not justify other than default you can make a line where you want the text and move the insertion point of that text to the line. Then erase the line.  Smiley Happy

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 7
JohnKPDCKA

That is actually not too bad of an idea for AutoDESK to look into- have a default text style and dimension style that can be assigned to a layer.

Imagine you are drawing up a building.  After you put in all the walls, go to your A-AREA-NAME (for example) to enter the room names in a defined style, size, etc (i.e.: ARIAL B, .5" (paperspace size), and magenta).  Add your A-DIM in different style, size and leader type (ARIAL N, .25").  Then draw in your equipment locations on your A-EQUIP-NEW layer and text it with a different style, etc (AR2, .18" .8 width factor).

So just choosing a layer will automatically make all the necessary changes to enter text, dimensions, tables, etc.

Message 6 of 7
GPSJane
in reply to: drjohn

What about aligning different objects without moving them to touch each other?

Message 7 of 7
Patchy

If you want to align texts and blocks, search for autolisp that can do it quicker than out of the box autocad.

Go see Lee Mac free stuff

http://www.lee-mac.com/aligntext.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost