Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT STYLE NAME ISOLATING ITSELF IN VIEWPORTS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KEATCAMPBELL
576 Views, 6 Replies

TEXT STYLE NAME ISOLATING ITSELF IN VIEWPORTS

PLEASE HELP!!. I HAVE A REALY STRANGE ANOMALY THAT I HAVE FOUND IN A DRAWING I AM WORKING ON. A STANDARD TEXT STYLE I CREATED FOR USE WITHIN THE SET OF DRAWINGS IS MANAGEING TO ISOLATE ITSELF FROM VIEW, WITHIN ALL MY VIEW PORTS SO AS TO BE INVISIBLE. YET WHEN I CHANGE THE STYLE NAME VIA MY PROPERTIES, BACK TO THE FONT NAME OF ROMANS WHICH IS STANDARD STYLE TO ALL MY TEMPLATES THE TEXT MIRACULOUSLY REAPPEARS. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS, AS IN 20 YEARS AS AN AUTO-DESK USER THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THE TEXT NAME HAS AFFECTED THE TEXTS ABILITY TO BE SEEN THROUGH A VIEW PORT. ITS NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LAYER. IT IS SIMPLY NOT ALLOWING THE SPECIFIC NAMED STYLE TO BE VISIBLE. CAN ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: KEATCAMPBELL

Is the font assigned to the Standard text style missing?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
KEATCAMPBELL
in reply to: rkmcswain

NO THE ONLY STYLE THAT IS NON VISABLE IS THE ONE I CREATED. ALL OTHER STYLES ARE VISABLE STANARD BEING ONE ALTHOUGH I DONT ACTUALLY USE STANDARD AS ONE OF MY CHOSEN FONTS. AND WHATS MORE ONLY SOME OF THE NAMED STYLE APPEARS TO BE DISAPEARING. IVE CHECKED ALL THE OTHER DRAWINGS IN THE SET AS WELL AND ITS JUST THIS ONE DRAWING AND ONLY 50% OF THE TEXT. BUT AS SOON AS I REVERT THE STYLE BACK NAME TO ROMANS WHICH IS ALSO THE THE CHOSEN STYLES FONT IT BECOMES VISIBLE AGAIN.

Message 4 of 7
jggerth1

please quit shouting.  

and, post an example drwing showing the problem. Based on your description, it's something I've never run across and we'll probably need an example to figure out what's up.

btw -- you did run AUDIT on the drawing already, right?

Message 5 of 7
KEATCAMPBELL
in reply to: jggerth1

is upper case text considered as shouting in your community? most wierd as ive never come across that particular term either.. ill remember to whisper in future..lol

i unfortunalty cant post the drawing as its data is highly classified for M.O.D here in the uk. i had to be screened before i could even work on them. So sorry.

But if you have never come across the problem as i havent then ill have to assume its just some sort of glich.. its not as if we havent had plenty of them down the years with Autodesk products. Ill have to just put it down to experience. But thanks for you promt reply. and enjoy the rest of your day.

Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

KEATCAMPBELL wrote:

is upper case text considered as shouting in your community?

It's not exclusive to here, it's considered such pretty much everywhere. See #9

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 7
hwalker

Yeah the classified stuff can be a pain.

What I suggest you do is create a completely new drawing, with just some text in it, using your various text styles and then post that drawing here.

Since it will have no classified information in it, it should be fine to post.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost