Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text is gone after transfering files to a different computer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
slauer12
257 Views, 5 Replies

Text is gone after transfering files to a different computer

I have finished a project and am trying to submit it and am having problems with trueview saying "Substituting [simplex.shx] for [other text type]". When I look in the folder where the file is saved the .shx file is there. When I open the file on trueview on my work computer where the file was last saved there is no issues at all. This only happens when I transfer it to a different computer with all the same files that are on my work computer. If I submit this project with these errors it will get kicked back to me so ignoring it is not the answer (I wish it was though). Any thoughts or ideas???? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: slauer12

How is your DWF driver set to handle fonts? Critical, change it. Similar concept for PDFs, noted here: http://blogs.rand.com/support/2011/02/do-you-get-an-error-that-says-missing-fonts-when-opening-a-pdf...

And why are you using AutoCAD stick fonts instead of "real" font files from Windows like all the other apps? Less troublesome when sharing with other users who don't use stick fonts from Autodesk.
Message 3 of 6
slauer12
in reply to: pendean

Im not the one who created the drawings Im just packaging them for submittal but none of the text in the drawing is in the simplex.shx font but trueview changes it to that upon opening and has to substitute to the different text style.

Message 4 of 6
slauer12

Does an etransmit work for packaging all the .shx fonts with the drawings?

Message 5 of 6
slauer12

Also Im not sure how your solution will solve my problem because I am not printing or exporting these drawings. I have to submit them as .dwg files so I don't understand how changing a plot setting will solve my problem.

Message 6 of 6
itbemedg

Try putting a copy of the .shx file in the main folder that holds your acad fonts. Make sure that this file is in the 'Working Support File Search Path' in Autocad's options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost