Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in PS looks thicker than that in MS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jhockley
322 Views, 6 Replies

Text in PS looks thicker than that in MS

My logo2002 text looks thicker in PS than it should do.

See attached.

I have copied one piece of text on right hand side and placed it in PS above the text in MS.

Anyone got any idea on how to get it looking normal? Didnt have this problem unitl CAD2015.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kasperwuyts
in reply to: jhockley

It looks thicker in my Autocad 2013 too. It plots the same though. And the difference only really appears when you zoom out. I think there has always been a slight difference between how model and paper text display.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

I dont think so, there is definatley a problem.

everything is fine until i 'rotate view' in MVSETUP, then it all goes haywire.

I have XREFs in this drawing from various sources that i think may have something to do with it, but i'm not sure

Message 4 of 7
pendean

font substitution alert came up when I opened your file.
So did a proxy object alert. And an excessive amount of annotative scales alert. Wow!

A simple test: if you change your TTF fonts to SHX fonts, does the "thickness" issue go away? If yes, your modelspace text with the fuzzies appear to be on a Z-plane other than 0 (trhey are elevated). No such issue in your PS text, those look fine here.

I simply created a new viewport in a new layout and your issue seems to have gone away.

Message 5 of 7
jggerth

Read this thread, then download and run the views.lsp attached to mathewk's post at the bottom.  It fixes your drawing in less than a second.

Message 6 of 7
steve216586
in reply to: pendean

I just wanted to reinforce what pendean stated. Often this happens when text has some elevation. A rotation can also make this anomaly happen. The OP did mention rotating the view with MVsetup. Most times it plots fine but not 100%.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 7
jhockley
in reply to: steve216586

I was doing a little more experimenting on it.

It seems to happen when i insert certain 3rd party xrefs. Then 'rotate view' in MVSETUP. Once i have rotated any view at all it will send them all of VP's off.

Might be that other xref were created in other programs and they are not really compatible!?!?!? I have to have these xrefs in dwg so i'm going to have to live with it. Hate this project anyway. Lost all interest in it. You know how it is.

Thanks for trying all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost