Did you mean: 

Text in Layout and Model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
katherine.kujawa
4976 Views, 2 Replies

Text in Layout and Model

Hi there!

I tweeted at your AutoCAD account and was directed to this website!

I always seem to have an issue when matching text in model and layout space. For my ssignments the text needs to be at 1/8" in model space, however in layout space, it needs to be at 1/4", I was told by my professor to go to properties and add and match the scale to what it is in model space. The issue is that every viewport is at a different scale, and each time I match the scales to that in the model space the size of the fonts I get are not the same size throughout the layout. I'm attaching pictures with the properties showing and you can see that the size of the text is not all consistent. The tags with the numbers are in Layout Space, all other text is in model space.

P.S. Really sorry but it isn't allowing me to add more than three images so they're going to appear in this message. Also, it'd be really great if you had a number I could call you at or maybe do screen sharing. Please let me know.

CAD image 4.jpg

CAD image 5.jpg

CAD image 6.jpg

Thank You,

-Katherine

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: katherine.kujawa

This is not Autodesk support, this is a site for users to help other users.

Did your professor explain Annotative text styles yet? It's not addressed in Properties, you need to use STYLE command to set the style.
You also need to decide what the output text size needs to be: 1/8" you wrote, the "norm" for many of us is 3/32" text size.

Is this scheduled to be taught to you in class? Ask your professor and find out. There is quite a bit to get into with annotative text, blocks and dimensions.
Message 3 of 3

You are using an annotative text style but you have assigned a text height in the style manager (the first image you posted) so change that to 0.

Now when working through a viewport to add text specify the height in the text or mtext command for the desired printed size, in your case 1/8".  If your viewport is set to an annotative scale of 1/4" or 1/2", etc, the text will be adjusted for you based on your annotative setting.

In Model Space you will specify a text height of 1/4", again within the text command or mtext command, changing the text style first if you need a different look for the titles, etc in MS.

I

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost