Did you mean: 

TEXT and DDEDIT offsets justified text

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jonjoh1974
549 Views, 2 Replies

TEXT and DDEDIT offsets justified text

In an existing and new drawings editing a bottom center justified text with DDEDIT, the text is no longer centered when the command is finished. It seems like the text is somewhat offset at little bit to the left. This also matters for all other justifies than left (center, right, top, middle, bottom, etc.). This also happens if I abort the DDEDIT command with escape without changing anything.

How to avoid this happening?

An example file is attached.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jonjoh1974

I double-clicked on your text object inside the circle in R2015 and it snapped back when the exditor opened. I can't repeat your problem otherwise with a double-click or with the launch of the editor command first.

PS: your file benefitted from a PURGE.

Message 3 of 3
jonjoh1974
in reply to: pendean

I forgot to mention I am using 2013.

Both the original drawing and my example drawing was still open from when I first posted this topic. Tried to purge the example drawing and then double click the text. No difference, the text did not snap back. But now I saved and closed the freshly purged example drawing and re-opened it, and voila - a double click and escape fixed the text. Went back to my original drawing where I first experienced the issue, without purge or save/close/re-open, and now doubleclick fixes each of the offsetted texts here too. Have even tried to make a new example drawing from the same template, but I'm unable to recreate the issue.

Case "closed".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost