Did you mean: 

Switching spaces changes ribbon tab

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
adammacomber
1469 Views, 8 Replies

Switching spaces changes ribbon tab

I am in AutoCAD 2015, this just started yesterday, at least that is when I noticed it first.

When I go from layout to model space my ribbon switches to the next menu on the ribbon, then when I go from Model to Layout it switches to the Layout ribbon menu. It's very annoying and distracting.

I did drag some of the menus yesterday to rearrange the order so that the ribbons I use most often are on the end, I am thinking that is what triggered the glitch.

Anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: adammacomber

Win Start Menu > All Programs > Autodesk > Autocad 2015 > Reset Settings to Default

Please be aware this will remove any customization you've done to the interface and reset it to the OOTB setup.

reset user settings.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
adammacomber

Will my customization file still be available or do I need to export it first? I like my workspace and it takes me forever to get it all set up right after I lose it (I know from too much experience of losing it).

Adam Macomber / CAD Operator / SimplexGrinnell
Tel: +1 509 842 1204 / Fax: +1 509 535 5623
10010 E. Knox Ave. / Spokane, WA 99206 / USA
AMacomber@simplexgrinnell.com / www.tycosimplexgrinnell.com

[Tyco_SGLogo2013_Stacked_LowRes]

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
Message 4 of 9
Jay_B

I would back it up as I'm pretty sure this does the same thing as a "Reset of User Settings".

Better safe than sorry.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 9
ukdxb012

I believe this thread should give you some tips... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/civil3d-2012-turn-off-layout-tools-contextual...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 9
adammacomber
in reply to: ukdxb012

That did it. It was hard to find the actual info in that post, but I found the one with the step by step and that worked. It did have to be removed though, I tried changing the property to merged as one of the posts said but that didn't appear to do anything.

Thanks for the link to the answer!

Message 7 of 9
mechsam
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi, started using AutoCAD 2018 recently and had the same issue; going from model space to paper space changed the ribbon tab to Layout ribbon. Tried the suggested solution but it did not work for me. Thanks. Sam

Message 8 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: mechsam

I prefer to use context tab feature for Layouts, NOT remove them. But not as default "full with focus", instead "full without focus"

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-CCBA1348-8FC4-4094-A4FB-73A34D3063CD

Ignore picture

(example is for "arc selected", you need "Layout selected")

- Sebastian -
Message 9 of 9
mechsam
in reply to: cadffm

Hi there, this solution worked . Autocad is working as I wanted it too. Thank-you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost