Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious spyware "superfish" opens IE browsers when I open AutoCAD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lilkitkat80
444 Views, 7 Replies

Suspicious spyware "superfish" opens IE browsers when I open AutoCAD

I installed Firefox and CAD on the same day, and I may have picked up some spyware known as "superfish" that's attached to CAD now.  I deleted Firefox, purged and reset everything in IE, checked for addons in IE finding none, and have scanned my computer several times with different virus scanners.  And it still pops up, only when I open CAD.  No other program does this. I've attached a pic of the browser window.  Has anyone experienced this?

superfish, more like superphish

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: lilkitkat80
Message 3 of 8
lilkitkat80
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your reply and the link!  I tried all the steps, and even completely uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD, but superfish still opens 2 browser pages when I open CAD.  That's still the only time I see those browsers open like that.  😞

Message 4 of 8
pendean

The link wants you to find and uninstall the superfish program in Windows: is that what you did? If yes, ensure you don't have an AutoCAD startup routine launching the webbrowser for some reason.
Message 5 of 8
lilkitkat80

AutoCAD opens the "Welcome" screen at startup, which I like because it has all the recent files listed right there.  But it also has some links to training, help and other services, so I think that triggers IE to open with superfish in the address bar.  It never opened up any browsers on its own before I got my new PC.   And I reinstalled the same AutoCAD software.  We can't find superfish in the "uninstall or change a program" list either.  This thing is awful!

Message 6 of 8
ampster402

some of these annoying bugs/virii/trojans will load up a different start or home page within your browser.

Try launching IE all by itself and see if your home page has been adjusted or perhaps that bar you mentioned is present.  The cure might be to remove that add-on or bar or what ever from IE.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Sounds like superfish made it into your IE session's HOME PAGE list: remove it from there. Read these, there are more things that need to be done: http://www.yac.mx/en/guides/browser-hijacker-removal/how-to-remove-wwwsuperfishcom-virus-through-isa...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueckKjH4F-w
http://www.photobohemian.com/how-to-remove-superfish-super-shopping-virus/

What do you folks use for Malware and Adware protction? A stock anti-virus program isn't enough usually. And you folks have got something real bad going on with your systems.
Message 8 of 8
lilkitkat80

I've tried blocking the domain in IE - didn't work.

Looked in extensions/add-ons - all from legit services.  reset whole IE, restored to default settings, rebooted PC - Superfish still there.

We use Sophos, but tech support tried Malwarebytes, Hitman, and some others I can't remember, quarantined some items (although I didn't see superfish listed) but it's still there.

That video looks promising but I can't get my computer into safe mode.

And now it's WORSE!  😧

Next step, bleach.   (just kidding.  maybe.)  I think I'm going to give tech support at work my PC to start over.

stupidfish.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost