Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

survey point elevation display

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
museo68736
12527 Views, 9 Replies

survey point elevation display

Hi does anyone know of a way using autoCAD LT 2014 to get CAD to display the elevation heights of survey points without having to type the heights in text bozes next to each individual point. i can insert a field which displays the elevation of the point but doing this again i would have to do every point individually.

Another words is there a way to select all the survey points required and get CAD to display a certain property, which in my case is the elevation height of that survey point, next to it? so it looks like    x 23.35
                                                                                                                                       x 23.57 etc..

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dbroad
in reply to: museo68736

Does LT support fields?  If so, create a block with attributes that have a blockplaceholder field pointed to the location of the insertion point of the block.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 10
museo68736
in reply to: dbroad

i dont really know too much about fields but i followed someones instruction from  a post i found using fields and it allowed me to display the height of one a point but i could only click on one pioint at a time so that would just be like typing the height in myself. The command i followed was :

·         Insert>Field>(Field Catergory = Objects) Field name = Object
Click the selection object icon
Select Point
Seclect Property > Position
Unselect x and y ticks with only z on
Select OK
Position the text

im not too sure how to create the block with attributes is it straight forward?

im

Message 4 of 10
Patchy

Ask the right group, LT or C3D see if they can help you.

Ask the creator of your survey drawing to turn the elevations on for you.

or attach your drawing, survey text file here.

Not much help can offer if we can't see what you have in your drawing.

Message 5 of 10
museo68736
in reply to: Patchy

i created the drawing. I got the survey data and turned it into a csv format in excel, which then went into GIS so i could see the points over the os map of the site, i then exported them as a dxf format and opened them with CAD so the survey points have there x,y,z data in CAD with them so the elevations are on and i can see the values when i click on each survey point as they come up in properties.its literally just contours and points that in my drawing. ill attach the file and u can have a look.

Message 6 of 10
Patchy

Erase anything you don't want use, keep the elevations and xref it into your drawing.

Message 7 of 10
museo68736

cool thanks for that, can u tell me how u did it tho as im sure i will have to come across this again or if you can send me the code or steps about what u did so i can just adapt it to my next  drawings when i come to it. will i be able to do in LT what you have done or is that down the version of CAD u are using? also is there a way to make them the heights a layer so they can be turned on and off or will i just have to select them all and assign them to a later myself?

Message 8 of 10
Patchy

Full version of autocad can be used to do it with autolisp free from internet.

I use Land Desktop, predecessor of Civil 3d; it does it in couple minutes.

LT probably can do it with attributes+Fields; Experts around here know; I don't use LT.

Message 9 of 10
museo68736

cool cheers for doing that. ill post in the lt bit and see if someone can tell me how to do it

Message 10 of 10
Patchy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost