Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

successfully cancel plot job?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
randyspear6624
9605 Views, 6 Replies

successfully cancel plot job?

since the begining of time, I have never been able to do this... i always have to close autocad and reopen.

does anybody have a workaround for this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: randyspear6624

How do you cancel a print job in other applications?
PLOT or PUBLISH in AutoCAD?
And do you have either set to do their thing in the background?

How often do you do this?
Message 3 of 7
randyspear6624
in reply to: pendean

other applications... usually at the taskbar.

The problem with autocad (plotting to file in background) is that i cancel at the plotter on the tray and I can't plot again until i shut down. It just says cancelling all the time.

Furthermore, in 2014, even if I dont' want to cancel and just let the plot finish, it doesn't. Even though my dwf is finished, the plotter in the tray keeps going like its still plotting therefore i can't send another plot.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

If the plot never finishes then you have biger problems than simply trying to cancel a plot. Do you have background plotting and/or publishing on? You are describing that symptom.

I can cancel any plot from AutoCAD in the Windows tray: sure it takes a while, AutoCAD is sending megabytes of data to the plotter where as MSWord or MSExcel are sending 1/100th of that amount of data usually.

Are your plotter drivers local, or on a server? That includes any PC3 files like the DWF driver.
Windows OS on your PC?
AutoCAD version?
Message 5 of 7
randyspear6624
in reply to: pendean

yes. background plotting.

how long should a typical civil 3d file take to cancel? hours/days?

plot drivers on  a network drive currently but i have the same problem when they're stored locally.

I'm on windows 7, autocad and civil 3d 2014. service packs are up to date.

Message 6 of 7

This is still driving me nuts... anyone?

I should clarify that I'm pretty sure that it's only an issue when background publishing.

Also, my plots do complete successfully but the plotter keeps going in autocad as if it hasn't; so I can't send another plot without closing.

Message 7 of 7
kcobabe

You have to turn off background plotting to fix it.  It's a known issue especially with large sets.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost