Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Installation messing up PC HELP!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
238 Views, 3 Replies

Successful Installation messing up PC HELP!!!!!

I am a student in FL and have successfully install AutoCAD 2015 by itself and with its accompanying program 3 times already!!!! The first two times autodesk 360 said it needed to update and that I should restart my PC which I did; and it begins. My Dell Inspiron 2350 running Windows 8.1 64-bit keeps going into the Automatic Repair loop and restarting or continuing to Windows 8.1 will not get me out of the loop. The only way to escape is to use a restore point (in this case just after I downloaded the autodesk download manager but without any autodesk programs installed). The third time I was convinced that Autodesk 360 and its update were the problem so I installed solely AutoCAD 2015, opened it up and tried to do work on a school assignment and used it until I saw that it wasn't even working properly, it had trailing like crazy, and again it happened when I tried to restart my computer and again I used my system restore point.

Am I missing something in the install process? Is my computer up to snuff?

I compared my machine with the requirement list and unless I am missing or overlooking something I believe I have the minimum or better.

I running a: 

Dell Inspiron 2350

64-bit Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7-4700MQ

12GB memory

2 Vid Cards:

- Intel HD Graphics 4600

- AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

this sounds more like an OS/hardware issie

i have installed Autocad 2015 on a dell with 8.1 countless times and didn't run into this issue

have you contacted dell?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

the cursor trail was fixed with SP 1 for Autocad 2015

did you install it?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Well I didn't contact dell because I thought this was a problem that stemmed from the software being installed.

I do not know if the version of the program I installed was or had an SP1. I just downloaded the 2015 option of AutoCAD that they provide to students.

Aside from fixing the trailing problem would this have anything to do with my computer going into the Automatic Repair mode?

It says it "did not cleanly shut down" and this happens after the installation of the program and the proceeding restart needed to configure it.

Any ideas would be a big help, and thanks for the help so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost