Did you mean: 

Stretching Text

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
manmonza
13400 Views, 5 Replies

Stretching Text

I have been looking at the HELP section and have not found a way to stretch text. I want to be able to elongate it, make it taller but not wider. Is there a way to do that?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
GrantsPirate
in reply to: manmonza

For existing text you will need to change the justification to FIT, for new text use Justification, FIT.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 6
rkmcswain

manmonza wrote:

I want to be able to elongate it, make it taller but not wider. Is there a way to do that?

To clarify the reply from @GrantsPirate, you'll have to increase the text height and use the two FIT points to maintain the width.  If the text object is annotative, you'll have to disable that before it will allow you to select FIT justification.

FITTHIS.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 6
nrz13
in reply to: rkmcswain

Another option is to change the width and text height/size in the Mtext Editor.

Mtext Edit.png

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 6
BeKirra

Just in case if it is not a mtext, you can change its width factor in "properties" dialog.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: BeKirra

@BeKirra wrote:

Just in case if it is not a mtext, you can change its width factor in "properties" dialog.

I thought of that, too, but that keeps the height the same and varies the width.  It sounds, from the first message, like they want something the other way around.  I'm not sure there's any way to do that other than by trial and error, but maybe with a known target width and height it could be adjusted from the size of its bounding box.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost