Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STL File is blank/empty when converted and imported into AutoCAD?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3080 Views, 7 Replies

STL File is blank/empty when converted and imported into AutoCAD?

I have a file that is .stl and used Inventor to convert it to IGES, DWG, STP, 3DS, and none of those filetypes have any content in them when I try to import into AutocAD 2014. The STL opens in Inventor just fine. Could someone convert it from STL and open it in AutoCAD for me? It's STL and won't let me attach it, so here is a link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98000384567553263090

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Autocad can't use anything came from .STL

Message 3 of 8
filipefrancisco

Try to use another software for example the 3dsmax

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 4 of 8

Try this ones

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a file that is .stl and used Inventor to convert it to IGES, DWG, STP, 3DS,...

Did you use the AutodeskMeshEnabler in Inventor to convert it to a solid body before attempting to export?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you!! That was the problem.
Message 7 of 8
JDMather

Here is dwg file.

http://a360.co/1uCKQDq

Frankly, this geometry is so simple that I think I would remodel from scratch rather than use faceted stl geometry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
vladimir_michl

You can also use the STL2DWG online service to convert small STL files to AutoCAD:

http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/stl2dwg.asp

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Spoiler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost