Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTUP system variable 2 without LOAD CUI

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ehughes
713 Views, 11 Replies

STARTUP system variable 2 without LOAD CUI

Hi, I am NOT wanting to have a default template load upon launch. When using 2 as the STARTUP sys var it works great until you choose the template and a the Load/Unload CUI box opens. How can I achieve removing this CUI as a startup option? Its only on the initial launch of the application, not ever time a template file is selected.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: ehughes

AutoCAD version?
Message 3 of 12
ehughes
in reply to: pendean

Acad 2014

On another note, to choose 1for STARTUP sys var, it is non responsive at the start up dia box and cannot get thru to change it back to 2 or 0 so I have to reset settings to default each time.

Message 4 of 12
ukdxb012

Can you attach a screenshot of the CUI load please.

We have users who prefer this method of working and in all my years Im sure I haven't seen this issue. I will however check this in the office to see if I can replicate it.

Also, check out theses links... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/autocad-2014-pausing-at-first-start-up-with-cui... And http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/aliasconcept-cuix-loads-against-my-will/td-p/35...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 12
ehughes
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan, 

Attached is the Load/Unload Customization screen shot, and again this only happens after the first template selection on the intial launch of the software, same result if close the software and reopen it and choose the acad.dwt again. Like the post you referenced mentions, I can hit close or enter and move on but I have "green" students that I dont want tempted to "see what happens" when they mess with it. Any ideas or work arounds....

Thank you

Message 6 of 12
ukdxb012

Hi,

Had a very quick look on my machine and I don't get this issue unfortunately...

How is your customisation configured in AutoCAD 2014? Is it default?

As a test, could you Create a new Profile in options, reset it to AutoCAD default settings, apply the profile, change the startup value to 2, close AutoCAD 2014 and see if you still have the CUI issue.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 12
ehughes

Yes, my settings are out of the box default. The STARTUP sys var once changed to 2 only happens on the first DWT selection after initial launch and not an other times while in the same session. I will try your profile suggestion and see if any changes. Thanks

Message 8 of 12
ukdxb012

I can't even get it to show on the initial startup with STARTUP set as 2 so i'm trying to get you to my state which is straight out of the box or at least reset you to the defaults.

If my suggestion fails, have you tried a repair? It's worth a shot.

What happens if you select another DWT or even browse for a DWG?

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 12
ehughes

Yes, this happens with any DWT or DWG. It does not happen initially once the sys var has been changed to 2, only when the software is closed and relaunched with that sys var does it pop up the Load/unload Customizations the first new or open. I tried a repair and your profile suggestion. This is happening to other coworkers in the office as well not just my machine. Any ideas how to work around this and prevent it from appearing? Is there any other way to turn off a template from auto-loading without the STARTUP sys var?

Message 10 of 12
ukdxb012

Could you try using the STARTUP system variable in the loading process of AutoCAD. See if that works? Here is a link as to what I mean... http://envisioncad.com/tips/autocad-customization-set-system-variables/

I'm sorry but unfortunately I cannot replicate your issue, I'm not sure why the CUI load dialog is showing but hopefully the above tip gets round this.

Here is another link... http://rkmcswain.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/setting-system-variables-at-startup.html

Just an idea, hope it works 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 11 of 12
dgorsman

Could this be trying to load some .bundle plug-ins e.g. some of the Exchange apps delivered with the software?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 12
ehughes
in reply to: dgorsman

Could be possible. We all are out of the box default settings with the BDS Ultimate in our company. I will just accept it and deal with the work around of closing it each initial launch or not using the sys var. The good news is it is not an issue in 2015. Thanks for your help with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost