Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up AutoCAD 2015 with no splash screen but still have new tab open up

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
brettgr
7054 Views, 10 Replies

Start up AutoCAD 2015 with no splash screen but still have new tab open up

What I am looking to do is open autocad 2015 with no spash screen but still have it open like normal with the New Tab screen when it starts. I know how to get rid of the Splash screen but I can't get it to open to the New Tab. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: brettgr

What is STARTUP variable set to?
And how are you getting rid of the splash screen (you telling us you know is not informative)?
Message 3 of 11
braudpat

Hello

As far as I know if you add the "/NOLOGO" option at the end of the ACAD Shortcut ...

You must not have the Splash Screen !?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Startup...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
rkmcswain

Looks like a defect, or at least an undocumented feature.

It doesn't matter what the value of STARTUP and/or NEWTABMODE is,  once you add the /nologo switch to the startup icon, the "new tab screen" does not work.

I kind of like this, since /nologo cuts startup time in half and this is an easy way to kill the "new tab" screen for our users.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 11
braudpat
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hello

I like this defect !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
brettgr
in reply to: pendean

Start up varriable is set up 3 I have tried 1,2 also with no luck. I put /nologo at the end of the autocad shortcut. I like the no logo part but dont want to loose the new tab feature.

Message 7 of 11
brettgr

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Message 8 of 11
Light_Guy

I am looking for this answer as well. I like the new "New Tab". I can now use it instead of the StartUp window. Once my file location is set for my templates, they show up in the New Tab and I can also pin recent drawings. Its probably the most useful new startup screen Autodesk has come up with (and they have tried many!) Please somebody give us a way to do this! I hate the splash screen (which oddly hasn't changed for the new release) and it does speed up opening quite a bit.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 9 of 11
Light_Guy
in reply to: Light_Guy

OK, while not the answer I think we are both looking for, here is a work around that accompishes what we want -

Create a script file using this code:

(command "newtab")

""

Add the /b "<script name>" switch to your shortcut after the /nologo switch. You still get a drawing 1 tab but you also get the New Tab.

Autodesk - Please adjust the new tab command so that /NOLOGO does not override it.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 10 of 11
cadman_ics
in reply to: Light_Guy

Here is a workaround that doesn't leave drawing 1 open:

Like Light_Guy's suggestion, create a script, and add it to the startup switch.

But the difference is the code in the script file:

(command "close")
""

This simply closes drawing 1, and then AutoCAD automatically opens the New Tab.

FYI, this doesn't work if you have changed the STARTUP variable to 2.

Thanks to Light_Guy for the original idea about using the script.

Message 11 of 11
BShick5088
in reply to: cadman_ics

For AutoCAD 2016 you can add the "/nologo" without the quotes to the registry key so that when double clicking a DWG it will suppress the logo splash screen.

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Autodesk\DWGCommon\Shellex\Apps\{bunch of crazy numbers and letters}:AutoCAD\OpenLaunch

Edit the Open Launch key and add the /nologo directly after the EXE location before the ending switch, see example below:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\acad.exe" /nologo "%1"

Hope this helps....!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost