Did you mean: 

SSM View scale

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
doni49
1078 Views, 42 Replies

SSM View scale

Our detail sheets are typically a layout with several viewports that were placed manually using the MVIEW command.  The linework is drawn in modelspace and then annotated in paperspace.  I've spent the past couple days trying to figure out how to implement SSM's callouts and such.

I was able to create a "model view" in SSM and place a View Title that has the view number and view title.  But I haven't been able to associate this SSM Model View to the actual viewport which means the view scale doesn't match.  From what I've read, it sounds like SSM has to create the viewports itself.  Is there really no way that I can add these viewports to SSM?

And there are a few rare instances in which a detail is just not to any scale at all and it's not worth drawing in two different spaces so it just gets drawn in paperspace.  But that detail still gets a view title.  I'd like to be able to reference this view title in call-outs too.

TIA!

Acad-SSM-Views.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

42 REPLIES 42
Message 41 of 43
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: doni49

I believe these three are the ones you need to delete, from the view manager, to remove the VOID views from the SSM.

SECTION2 - WATER CONTROL STRUCTURE TYPE F 12-18
PLAN - WATER CONTROL STRUCTURE TYPE F 12-18
ELEV - WATER CONTROL STRUCTURE TYPE F 12-18

Message 42 of 43
doni49
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

@Jason.Piercey wrote:

I believe these three are the ones you need to delete, from the view manager, to remove the VOID views from the SSM.

SECTION2 - WATER CONTROL STRUCTURE TYPE F 12-18
PLAN - WATER CONTROL STRUCTURE TYPE F 12-18
ELEV - WATER CONTROL STRUCTURE TYPE F 12-18

Thanks Jason -- I didn't even know you'd continued to work on it.  You nailed it.  I deleted these three views and the Section Views that were in the Void category were deleted.  BUT three Section Views  that I wanted to keep were also deleted.  Somehow the views were associated with more than one Sheet View.

I recreated the three missing Sheet Views and pointed my callouts and titles at these new Sheet Views.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 43 of 43
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: doni49

You're welcome.  Not sure how that sheet set got scrambled, but glad it's working for you now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost