Spin and roll with 3D spacemouse in Autocad 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
772 Views, 4 Replies

Spin and roll with 3D spacemouse in Autocad 2014

Hi

I use a Spacemouse from 3D connexion in Autocad 2014. But the spin and roll mechanism does the same movement. Meaning that I can not spin my model, because "spin" is causing the model to roll. This is very annoying.

The same thing occurs in Navisworks Simulate 2014.

I have the newest driver for the spacemouse, and 3D connexion say I should contact Autodesk about the problem.

Is anyone able to troubleshoot on this?

-Jens

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

did the folks at 3dconnexion have you go into your control panel > programs and features > and adjust what drivers the 3dconnexion loads?

By default, it will install an AutoCAD driver which is only good for up to version 2010 IRC.  After 2010, Autodesk included a driver for 3dconnexion spaceballs so you may have two drivers duking it out on your system trying to control your mouse.  I would remove or disable the AutoCAD driver the 3dconnexion software is providing thru your control panel if you discover it enabled in there.

Beyond that I have no ideas.

HTH

edit, by the way, going by how you worded your post you almost sound like you are expecting an Autodesk person to assist you here.  While that may still happen, this isn't the place to come and expect an Autodesk employee to assist you.  These forums are for end users to assist each other.  Every now and then an Adesk'er pops in and trys to help out, but they are not required to.

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't like how my SpaceNavigator works in AutoCAD compared to Inventor, SolidWorks and Creo - in any case, these are the settings I use.

3D Connexion.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hi

Well, my 3D-connexion window looks a bit different. I have set the same zoomdirection as you have, but I do not have the possibility to "calibrate" or "keep scene upright", so I cannot do as you propose. 

It is the newest spacemouse driver for windows 7 I have installed. Any solution?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hi again

Ahh, I just found out that the right-side picture is from the navigation bar in Autocad (and not from 3D connexion). So removing the mark in the "keep scene upright" exactly solved my problem.

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost