Something weird is happening when typing in AutoCad 2015. @ symbol becomes "

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
thisisme19
2491 Views, 6 Replies

Something weird is happening when typing in AutoCad 2015. @ symbol becomes "

Hey guys,

I have something weird happening when typing, sometimes when I try and type a symbol the character that comes up in CAD isn't the same as what I want to type. For instance, I hit ctrl+2 for the @ symbol but in my text window in CAD it comes out as ".

Has anyone run into this at any point, I'm assuming it's some sort of setting that I accidentially switched. (I tend to input keyboard commands too quickly sometimes, so I frequently have commands that I didn't intend on using pop up. So I'm guessing that at some point I changed a setting I didn't notice)

If I close out of CAD and open again everything is back to normal.

-G

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: thisisme19

You wrote "ctrl+2", but I'll assume you meant shift+2 for the @  symbol.  

My first guess is that it's a keyboard/keyboard mapping issue.  I'd change keyboards if possible, and/or install fresh batteries if it's wireless.

Message 3 of 7
thisisme19
in reply to: nestly2

I did indeed mean shift+2, not ctrl.

I don't think it's the keyboard, it's only a couple months old and it never did this with 2014. Also it only happens in CAD, all the symbols come up normal in any other program.

Message 4 of 7
Patchy

It happened before but I don't remember what caused it.

I think if you use CTRL+Shift or CTRL+Shift twice then it goes back to normal inside autocad.

Message 5 of 7
Yorx57

Funny thing is this used to happen to me also.  Come into work in the morning and everything would be fine - by noon, I would be getting what I call a keyboard remapping - it would eventually get worse until I shut down AutoCAD and relaunched - then the whole scenerio would repeat.  I did suspect the keyboard at first - so one day when AutoCAD decided to see different keys I launched notepad (kept AutoCAD running) and hit the same keys - no problems, notpad was showing the correct characters.  Unfortunately, I never did track down the cause, I ended up with an updated system and of course a different keyboard.  I've never had the problem since.  The only thing I can think of (in my case) was there was something strange happening between my keyboard driver and AutoCAD - no other software was ever affected.

Message 6 of 7
doben

It's probably the language setting being inadvertently switched. It's happened to me a few times in the past. The icon should be at the bottom right of your screen (please see attached). 

Message 7 of 7
thisisme19
in reply to: doben

That was the issue! Thanks. Seems that when you hit shift+ctrl twice (like someone mentioned above) it changes that setting. Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost