Did you mean: 

solid Hatch patterns plots striped ACAD2015,2013

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
ollot
9071 Views, 13 Replies

solid Hatch patterns plots striped ACAD2015,2013

is there a solution for the stripey solid hatches?

solid non-rectangular hatches are plotted with thin horizontal stripes. on all my plotters including the DWG->PDF.

this is regardless if i use transparency or not. i have tried the mac workarout to define gradient fills will same colors but without success.

The test far from 0,0 unit m plot nice cube hatch, but all other hatches are striped. all hatches inside polylines with quite few segments.

i had thought this annoying issue was gone with 2015 but maybe im doing someting wrong?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: ollot

Perhaps it's a setting in the DWG file: post it here.
Message 3 of 14
ollot
in reply to: pendean

i have also tried to plot on

Canon iFP750

Canon iFP700

and several Office printers (large commercial units)

Message 4 of 14
clelibus

I had the same problem, and i found this solution, from somebody else, and it works! check this link, its for mac but it also work for others

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/workaround-for-printing-solid-hatches-with-transparency-in-a...

Message 5 of 14
ollot
in reply to: clelibus

i tried that on 2013 i recall.

yes it works on 2015 on my large hatches. although not perfectly. ther is still some artefacts in the plot but the result is usable.

im not impressed by acad performance on this.

Message 6 of 14
1Fabricator

I think you'll find all the control you'll need right IN the HATCH dialog box. Pay particular attention to the Angle- Scale Spacing.

Set that to .00000001 or similar, and proceed. Another window will open asking if you want it Solid or.... Click and you're good to go!

Good Luck, LL

Message 7 of 14
jggerth1
in reply to: 1Fabricator

@1Fabricator wrote:

I think you'll find all the control you'll need right IN the HATCH dialog box. Pay particular attention to the Angle- Scale Spacing.

Set that to .00000001 or similar, and proceed. Another window will open asking if you want it Solid or.... Click and you're good to go!

Good Luck, LL

Which are grayed out if the SOLID hatch patter is the one selected.

Message 8 of 14
1Fabricator
in reply to: jggerth1

I started with a 'User defined' setting.

Message 9 of 14
jggerth1
in reply to: 1Fabricator

yeah, that's what I did prior to the SOLID hatch pattern existing.  The issue with that, IIRC, was that the drawing slowed down a lot due to all thevectors that had to be drawn.  May be less of an issue with current hardware/display cards that it was back in the day.

Message 10 of 14
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: jggerth1

So this isn't really solved IMO.. I still get this in 2014 and 2015 even when using gradient method..

It will plot on some printers fine.. Some printers, in particular our clients! Will jsut hand forever and won't plot

It will always look wrong in the PDF. 

Complexity of the linework seems to make the hatch worse..

There must be some other workaround or fix to make this work?

transparent hatchgradient.png

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 11 of 14
jggerth1
in reply to: ceethreedee.com

Option A, use a user-defined hatch with a tight line spacing, try 1/3 of the plotter resolution to get lots of overlap.

Option B, use the the DOTS pattern with a tight space (sorta useful if you need to see what's under the hatch)

Option C, use SuperHatch Express tool, and a grey image (make one in Paint and save as a PNG)

Agreed that Solid Hatch fills should work better.  Back ca R12 -R13 there was a PSFILL command which did a nice job of applying predefined fills - but only useful if you would output to Postscript, and print from the PS (or convert that to PDF)

Message 12 of 14
RH02

A big request for Autocad to give the option of a Raster Solid Hatch as well as the current "fake" solid comprised of close spaced lines.

The current solid vector hatch causes a lot of grief in PDF especially since Adobe "improved" their anti-aliasing which picks it up as horrible scratchy areas.

Since the gradient command is already a raster, there is no reason we should not be able to do a solid raster hatch.

Rather than "Hatch" or "Gradient" Tabs, there should be "Vector Hatch" or "Raster Hatch" and the Raster Hatch could include solid, gradients, or raster fill patterns/bitmaps.

People still using pen plotters (are there any?) can use the Vector hatches, people using PDF and raster plotterrs can use the Raster hatches.

Message 13 of 14
carlocj

So I know you found a work around, but I managed to fix this problem simply by ploting at Presentation Quality (600 dpi) rather than Normal Quality (300 dpi) Its under the shaded viewport options as a drop down menu. 

Plot Window.png

Message 14 of 14
s1517396

Hi!

The solution with the gradient hatch did not work for me. However, it did work when in the plot settings I chose Microsoft Print to pdf instead of DWG to pdf.

Regards,

Boryana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost