Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Uresponsive when Plotting - AutoCAD 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
EarthFireEnergy
197 Views, 4 Replies

Software Uresponsive when Plotting - AutoCAD 2015

I've recently downloaded AutoCAD 2015.  However, despite trying more than one file, whenever I try to plot, the software become unresponsive. 

Is this a known problem with a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

more than one file would be one question, but there are also other questions like

• have you tried it with more than one plotter? So does this happen when plotting to DWF or PDF also?
  • Have you migrated settings when you first started AutoCAD? Then start the plotter manager and create a new PC3 file for that plotter or reset your AutoCAD profile to default.
  • What OS do you have?
  • Have you special objects in the drawing like images or are you running a vertical product like Mecn, Map3D, Civil3D, ...?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
garzal9
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I'm having somewhat of a same problem as above.  but on the AutoCAD 2014 version.

When I try openning AutoCAD after trying to plot, create a new or open an old file it becomes unresponsive which then needs to be shut down from the task manager.

Autocad was newly installed since about a month ago and been working fine until now.

Running on an HP Desktop with Intel i3 and 8GB ram with OS Windows 8.1.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: garzal9

Hi,

there are sone other questions open:

• have you tried it with more than one plotter? So does this happen when plotting to DWF or PDF also?
  • Have you migrated settings when you first started AutoCAD? Then start the plotter manager and create a new PC3 file for that plotter or reset your AutoCAD profile to default.
  • Have you special objects in the drawing like images or are you running a vertical product like Mecn, Map3D, Civil3D, ...?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
garzal9
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Won't let me go farther. 

Newly installed meaning it was the first time installing AutoCAD with no older versions of the software. 

Installed a Virtual Machine and Windows 7 and running from there but hope to not come with same problem WHICH would freeze software before you can do anything else. As that's what happens with windows 8.

Also uninstalled it completely before going to the VIrtual route and still did the same. 

And when openning AutoCAD, it is the only software open up except maybe a Internet Browser like IE or FIrefox. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost