Did you mean: 

Snowboarding and Ski Design and Gear

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jphilips35
3291 Views, 5 Replies

Snowboarding and Ski Design and Gear

I appologize for bringing this up again but there should be tutorials for designing snowboards and ski's as well as gear. I bring this up still and I appologize because the action sports industry is pretty big and not only they design their snowboards using different materials but they also design and plan out using cad. If we can help each other learn how to design snowboarding and skis as well as gear it will be very helpful to many people. By adding this topic we can improve autodesk and make it the best! 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ron-C
in reply to: jphilips35

Tutorial for snowboard deign:

1) Take 4 year course in 3D design at you local Tech School

2) Look at a snowboard

3) Design yours

4) Have it made for $$$$

5) Try it out, again, and again

6) Redesign

7) Have another one made $$$$$$$$$$

8)Try it out again, and again

9) Repeat lines 6-8 Until PERFECTION is MADE !

10) Done!

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Ah! the mystical shortcut to eternal knowledge and wealth: just watch a tutorial and nail it. Forgoe all that real-world experience everyone touts as the only way to do things.

I like the way you think 🙂
Message 4 of 6
justshutup

@jphilips35 wrote:

I appologize for bringing this up again but there should be tutorials for designing snowboards and ski's as well as gear. I bring this up still and I appologize because the action sports industry is pretty big and not only they design their snowboards using different materials but they also design and plan out using cad. If we can help each other learn how to design snowboarding and skis as well as gear it will be very helpful to many people. By adding this topic we can improve autodesk and make it the best! 🙂 

You have been bringing up the same topic around here since June.  Have you done nothing to increase your knowledge on the topic since then? By demanding tutorials for a software package that does nothing but document the design that you would have learned at a design school.  This software doesn't have a "make snowboard" button; all it does is document your ideas/designs.   There are engineers that do material design for things like snowboards, right?  Go get your engineering degree and then you can design what you want or go into graphic design so you can make pretty pictures for snowboard

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

If you are a student - I recommend that you download Autodesk Inventor for something like this.  http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

There are a number of tutorials in my signature.

Once you have completed those - I can show you how to design a snowboard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
jphilips35

Thank you so much I owe you! 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost